A call to action in the Evergreen State (WA)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just had this come through from the SPC (Seattle Pipe Club).

It's worth doing if you live here-

The House Cigar Lounge Bill is up for executive action (a committee vote) in the morning. This bill would allow for cigar and pipe smoking in specific licensed lounges and tobacconists. Please let the legislature know that you support this bill!

Cut and paste (or click) on this link:

https://washingtonleg.granicusideas.com/widget/agenda_items/HB%201750

Type your comments in the box, and Submit them. Note that the first time you submit comments, you will be asked to set up an account with your email address, a password of your choice, and your address, so the system can route your comments to your legislator, automatically.

I just went through this process to provide my comments, and it's easy. Some of the areas may appear light or unavailable, but they are, and the system will thank you at the end of the process to confirm that your comment was received.

If you prefer, you can call and leave a message for your Representative at 1-800-562-6000 to support the bill. The most important ones to contact are Representatives Pettigrew, Carlyle, Hurst, Condotta, Blake, Kirby, Chandler, Goodman, Springer, Johnson, Rodne, Shea, Buys, MacEwen, and Moscoso. You can find your legislator here:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/

For the curious, this link provides details and status for this bill:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1750&year=2013

Also, there is a companion Senate bill, and I'll send out a note on that one at the appropriate time.

Please take five minutes NOW to let your legislator know that you support House Bill 1750 and want them to support moving the bill out of committee and to support the bill when it comes to a vote.

Thank you!

Political Liaison
Seattle Pipe Club

Dang. I didn't see this until now. I haven't been on much lately because I'm a CPA and don't get to do much other than work this time of year. Do you know if it made it out of committee?

BTW, I'm a big fan of your brews, especially the Porter. Your stout looks amazing but I've never seen it on tap. Actually, I haven't seen much of you guys up here in Mount Vernon. Thankfully I have North Sound to keep me hydrated.

Cheers!

SkagitSmoke":avz2fypk said:
Dang. I didn't see this until now. I haven't been on much lately because I'm a CPA and don't get to do much other than work this time of year. Do you know if it made it out of committee?

BTW, I'm a big fan of your brews, especially the Porter. Your stout looks amazing but I've never seen it on tap. Actually, I haven't seen much of you guys up here in Mount Vernon. Thankfully I have North Sound to keep me hydrated.

Cheers!
No further info about the bill right now.

And thanks for the support of our Steam Train Porter. It's a fine brew.

The Black Frog Stout is a nitro dispense, and as such only lends itself to on premise accounts that are set up for it.

Ask your favorite tavern/alehouse to get it in if they have Guinness or the like.

Cheers, and fight the good fight!

Cheers,

RR

This is the rather unsatisfactory reply that I got:

"Thank you for contacting Senator Roach regarding HB 1750 (An act relating to establishing special license endorsements for cigar lounges and retail tobacconist shops). This bill was reintroduced and retained in present status which means it is still in House Appropriations.

Unless the bill is pulled to the House floor, it may not move any further this session
."