a coffee can, but with thick walls

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
yo

and it will sell for $100 more because he's selling it. people and consumption are so weird.

Not a remarkable pipe shape, but that's an unusually great piece of very large briar. It's hard to come by big stuff that isn't all flawed.

:shock: Great googly moogly! Hopefully they don't have a schnozola like the late Jimmy Durante or there's gonna be a problem!
banjo

Yup, I was watching that pipe to see who TF would smoke it. The pipe is HUGE and the winner will most likely be 4' 5", there is a phrase for that and the initials are P E. That seller does very well ALL the time!!

PS, the diameter of the chamber is way to small
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

HEY-SUESS MARIA!!

Yup, undeniably a bigger than life bowl. And perhaps well executed to boot. But why - just because you can?? I mean, who is gonna smoke that except for the likes of Andre the Giant!

Hate to rain on anyone's parade, but wouldn't this block have been better off made into several smaller shapes? Just sayin'.....

:scratch:

Cheers,

RR

It could run into some money really before it is all over. There is the pipe and the ounce or so of tobacco each time you load it. Then you have to get a special rack built. There will be visits to the doctor for TMJ. Dunno...

A pipe out of a cartoon, but good wood, and looks like it would smoke cool. If I had some sort of cable hoist over my desk to support it while I attempted to suck smoke out of it, I might be tempted. Seriously, I have a pipe with a one-inch bore, and it's great for incinerating tobaccoweed that you don't particularly care for, but can't bring yourself to toss. Seems like a bargain if the price stays below $200. A real man would step right up and bid, PE or not, LC.

That particular seller has very small hands, so it might not be as huge as you think. That said, it looks big enough that it would never feel warm in your hand when you smoke it.

Here are the measurements of this coffee cup bowl pipe from the sellers eBay post. Can you imagine a pipe just under a pound clenching from your teeth, or even holding. I bet the pipe sells for over $350.00!!

Here are the dimensions of this high grade, hand crafted, extremely well engineered GOOD-SIZED pipe: The overall length is about 7.50". The bowl height is 3.50". The tobacco chamber is about 1.0" in diameter, and tapers down the bowl's capacious 2.50" inner depth. The bowl swallows my thumb! Capacity is similar to that of a Group ODA PLUS size Dunhill pipe. The weight is a substantial 431 grams. (Just under a pound!)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Well, with 5 days & 8 hours left the pipe is already up to $251.00!!

What do you believe this pipe will sell for?? I think it will break my $350.00 prediction.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

UPDATE: This pipe is now $300.00 with 4 days 6hours left. What will it sell for?? Your guess is......

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

It's still in "reasonable" territory. There used to be a guy on YouTube who had a fetish for really large pipes, among other things. Think his name was "Pipesmoker" or similar. Slim. Youngish. Beard. Wonder if he's bidding? Or maybe a brick and mortar owner, if there's one left, for display purposes? Or a wealthy Asian businessman, who I understand can sometimes be a pipe nut. Or someone wearing a straitjacket. The mind reels with possibilities.

(As for the lump being smaller than it looks, the friggin' thing weighs a friggin' pound!)

The pipe is larger then life but, he's kept the chamber within smoke ability, from the looks of it it's probably a 7/8" chamber.
I have one of his monstrous Rhodesians and it too has a 7/8". It's weird cause to look at it in person the size of the bowl in comparison to the chamber the chamber looks a lot smaller, I had to measure it just to be sure. ;)

Ron, appreciate your input on this pipe. Looking at the pictures on eBay the diameter of the chamber looks smaller than 7/8". Since you own a BIG one from this maker you would know best. This pipe weighs 15 oz., do you know the weight of your Rhodesian? How does yours smoke?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":cv12m24s said:
Ron, appreciate your input on this pipe. Looking at the pictures on eBay the diameter of the chamber looks smaller than 7/8". Since you own a BIG one from this maker you would know best. This pipe weighs 15 oz., do you know the weight of your Rhodesian? How does yours smoke?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Mines a lot shorter in height than that one just because of it's shape and weighs only 8 oz's.
Never smoked it, needless to say it's a hand full and takes up two places in the rack.
The chamber looking smaller than it really is, is an optical illusion. Even knowing the chamber of mine is 7/8"
it still looks smaller than that.

Ron, your pipe has a much better overall shape and design. Now you need to smoke it one day!!
Thanks for posting a picture. The chamber size is deceiving in the picture.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Couldn't figure out the link to view this piece. Anybody able to supply a key word or 2?

hp
les