A Demise of Aromatics?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I bet within five years aromatic pipe tobacco, as we know it, will not be sold in most states. I've been following the cards fall as States prohibit the sale of "flavored" tobacco products. If I recall correctly, it began with a prohibition against mentholated cigarettes and grew from there. But, just as Pipes and Cigars.com has reacted to cease and desist orders from selling some Match blends, and, instead, is selling blend kits, I expect that DIY flavorants/aromatics will be sold as add on kits.

Jay-Eff-Cee!! And the Smoke Nazis keep goose stepping down the street!! I'm so glad all these people are looking out after my best interests! LOL!! FTRPLT

Remember all of this is to protect the children (yeah right). Just like when they banned the selling of mail order snuff. What Steve said I totally agree and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

The first thing manufacturers will probably do is alter procedures and marketing. Any flavorants will be added in the casing process instead of being a top dressing. Top dressings will have to be added by the consumer. It will very likely add to the cost of tobacco because casing, of necessity, will be in significantly smaller batches.

I remember when CA said they would ban internet sales of ammo. I started stocking up.and left the state with about 30k rounds. Guess I will start buying my faves by the pound and start stocking up on mason jars, lol.