A Dog's World

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
Since my dog died about three years ago I've be free to sit in my chair,turn on some music,or the tv a good bit of the time.Until recently that is.My wife saw a puppy and brought it home. It needed a good home she said.She also said that I would love it.Well of course I do.My problem is as soon as i get setteled in my chair,and get my pipe lit this little squirt either wants to play or go outside.I'm smoking a little less these days,but maybe it's not such a big problem after all.I'm 68 years old now.This brat dog should be around until I'm at least 80.

You're very lucky,,,,as soon as he gets you trained things will go smoother

mark":k6iquuw2 said:
You're very lucky,,,,as soon as he gets you trained things will go smoother
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

So true. Shadow, the Alpha of my porch pack, still looks at me sometimes and I'm sure she's thinking, "dang, he's a slow learner".

Natch

Having (by our standards) an incredibly acute sense of smell, animals are un-fond of smoke. It takes them time to adjust to it.

Going outside, to your puppy, means what ? Fresh air with no smoke in it -- an escape (albeit temporary) from an unpleasent condition.

Seems simple enough.

Then again, Lacie the kitty here, having fled the room (in obvious disgust) at the sound of a lighter for her first year (at least), now hunts down my used pipe cleaners and chews/licks the ends of them.

:face:

Yak":aymj59rg said:
Then again, Lacie the kitty here, having fled the room (in obvious disgust) at the sound of a lighter for her first year (at least), now hunts down my used pipe cleaners and chews/licks the ends of them.
The one of our cats we adopted from a (cig) smoker loves to be in the room while I'm puffing away. But he prefers the unused pipe cleaners to play with--he'll help himself right from the big jar.

Trying to anticipate what a cat will do is good entertainment... for the cat.

HA,
Welcome to the Puppy club.
My dog passed on three months ago and we just got a new Long coat German Shepherd. Do not feel alone brother!!!