A few highlights from my cob collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifeon2

Reaction score
Ok I didnt want to take the time to shoot them all so I grabbed a few from each style, era, etc.

Big straight and Big bent
GEDC0363_zps93e87759.jpg

Extra large and long
GEDC0362_zpsfb7d9733.jpg

Miniatures
GEDC0361_zps30a3adc1.jpg

Square shank or corn dog the second one is my favorite as it is actually cut like a bulldog
GEDC0360_zpse206535c.jpg

Old display board being filled with random pipes
GEDC0359_zps30b72cc8.jpg

Just some unique ones
GEDC0358_zps19f4b77c.jpg

Older pipes from when they were a bit nicer
GEDC0357_zps2b264605.jpg

Some hard woods that you just seem to pick up as you go along
GEDC0356_zps85388ac7.jpg

Really old and fairly unique
GEDC0355_zps51d1f5d2.jpg

Bamboo shanks
GEDC0354_zpsa793db30.jpg

Current or modern cobs
GEDC0353_zps493bd356.jpg

Cool bents some old some new
GEDC0352_zps9cf009e3.jpg

Three different freehands
GEDC0351_zps94256bc0.jpg

Complete unsmoked custom grade presentation set from the 50s
GEDC0350_zpsaed05af4.jpg

Reed stems some redone by yours truly
GEDC0349_zps948cbc02.jpg

Whit I like to call the 44 cobnum it had a crack in the shank that I banded with a piece of 44 mag brass I fit the stem from my box of spares and gave it a hard wood plug bottom
GEDC0134.jpg

A custom piece made by a fellow called smoking dragon
GEDC0097.jpg

A santas pipe not sure how old but Marylin over at MM guesses from the 30s or 40s
GEDC0137.jpg

A MKII nylon pipe with replaceable corncob bowls, I have 3 white, black and brown.
GEDC0141.jpg

GEDC0155.jpg

Well those are the highlights hope you like them.

There's going to be a lot of guys over here
drooling over those cobs, especially the corn dogs!
Great collection, really nice!

Pretty nice collection, I have not seen so many variations of the good old corn cob before, thanks!

That's an awesome collection, brother! I'm glad someone else is showing off their corn dogs. (Keenum's starting to whine whenever I show mine. :lol: )
Is that a leather-clad cob in pic #6? I've never even heard of that. Too cool!

That is in fact a leather clad cob I had to call MM to look it up in some old catalogs to make sure it was genuine.

Wow lifeon2, that is a fantastic cob collection you have there! You have really upped the standards around here, as I have never seen any of the BoB brothers post such a varied collection. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks guys it has really been a labor of love well and money ok mostly money and heavy duty pad attacks

Very nice collection, i had no idea cobs were made so many differant ways over the years.

That is by far the nicest collection of cobs i've ever seen, bar none. Thanks for posting.

Heck! I'm just relieved to see there's one from my own collection that you don't have yet. :twisted:
(and I ain't tellin' what it is)

I might have it after all there are about 50 more that I didnt post :) of course everything unusual and groovy is represented in the pics allready :cry:

lifeon2":irqdfqia said:
I might have it after all there are about 50 more that I didnt post
:lol!: Don't get me wrong, sir. I'm truly impressed by your collection. I did recently pick up a little oddity, the likes of which I've never seen. I'll post a pick soon enough, but not in your thread. This one's all you, bro. Bask in the glory. 8)

Just joining the herd--great, great collection.

I've never thought of bamboo shanks on a cob--it works very well. Gonna have to keep that in mind if my cobs ever need a shank overhaul! I'm imagining one of the darker finishes on the Country Gentleman looking pretty sweet with black bamboo...

...and now my mind is spinning with concepts of "Pimp My Cob." :scratch:

Can't WAIT until one year when "corn dogs" will be available again. :cheers:

8)