a few pipes I made while on leave

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Hester

Reaction score
Got me some much needed R&R and my wife let me make a few pipes it was a great leave, thanks for looking

Best Regards,
Richard

Richard Burley":fiwcigu4 said:
Absolutely cool. I like your "Insanus" better than the Ser Jacopo version.

Thank you sir, I saw it in a pipe and tobacco magazine and thought I would give it a try. I don't know if I will do another one just felt like goofing off a bit, thanks for looking.

Best Regards,
Richard

Richard, how does one drill the draft hole in this-

20170611.jpg

Do you drill each piece separately and then join them up with a metal tube or something?

:?:

Cheers,

RR

Looks like you had a blast making those sir! I enjoy the lighter hues on the blondes too! Nicely done!

Brewdude":i4v3erzp said:
Richard, how does one drill the draft hole in this-

20170611.jpg

Do you drill each piece separately and then join them up with a metal tube or something?

:?:

Cheers,

RR
No sir it is one draft hole like any other pipe its all in the angle of the bottom part of the shank that why you make the break pointing downward to give you a little meat as to not drill through. It is a lot of fun to make and a little nerve racking.

Best Regards,
Richard

Ozark Wizard":uw5ea4f5 said:
Looks like you had a blast making those sir! I enjoy the lighter hues on the blondes too! Nicely done!
thank you brother Ozark on the lighter pipes I stained them black and sanded everything off then just waxed them I think it brought out the grain a little more, thank you for the kind words and have a great day.

Best Regards,
Richard