A few random shots of my smoking den. What does yours look like?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iF I am not being too nosy; what are some of the books you have and what are your favorite books and authors? ,Great man cave by the way.

Just saw this post and not sure your question is directed at me, but in case it was...books about a lot of things but predominately hunting and fishing and related. Favorites would include anything by Gene Hill, Bill Tapply, Nick Lyons, Burton Spiller, Harry Middleton, Ted Nelson Lundrigan, Harold P. Sheldon, Mark Jeffreu Volk...sorry; I get carried away.

I call my little refuge "The Museum of the Completely Unrelated, Mostly Forgotten and Largely Useless." It has to do duty as office, pipe den, music room, library, gallery, etc. etc. etc. The closet is fondly referred to as the World's Smallest Gun Room. The space seems to be getting smaller all the time; There's still room for me but barely! That's what you get when you appropriate the third bedroom of a small cottage I guess. I don't smoke in the house either, but here it is...

cPm49cjl.jpg

4ISKMOol.jpg

fVeZvOgl.jpg

Q02P0kql.jpg
Now that is one heck of a cave, Brother!

When it's cold I'm in the garage with a folding chair and a little end table. If it's warm enough I'm on the back porch sitting in a rocking chair. If I'm running the meat smoker I'm sitting in the outbuilding in a rocking chair.

No pictures. Just let your imagination run wild! :)

As I stated above, I don't have a smoking room but I do display some pipes in my den. What I like about the pipes I have out is that they were made by current/former BOB members. From L - R - C:

RDPipes (Ron Powell) - IMHO Ron makes some of the most beautiful pipes you can find and my favorite carver. Amazing smoker as well!
Brurobas (Bruno Robalo)
Herbaugh Pipes (Abe Herbaugh)
Todd Harris (commission pipe)
JSEC Pipes (James Gilliam)
DSHpipes (David Huber)
Boswell Pipes (J.M. Boswell)

View attachment 3510View attachment 3511View attachment 3512
Very nice.

I call my little refuge "The Museum of the Completely Unrelated, Mostly Forgotten and Largely Useless." It has to do duty as office, pipe den, music room, library, gallery, etc. etc. etc. The closet is fondly referred to as the World's Smallest Gun Room. The space seems to be getting smaller all the time; There's still room for me but barely! That's what you get when you appropriate the third bedroom of a small cottage I guess. I don't smoke in the house either, but here it is...

cPm49cjl.jpg

4ISKMOol.jpg

fVeZvOgl.jpg

Q02P0kql.jpg
Very cool.

I smoke in a rainforest smoke shack next to a graveyard frequented by bears. Rainy and cold days I smoke on the deck or inside, otherwise I sit in a chair in the graveyard. I bump into bears frequently. Mom and 2 cubs twice this years, and two lone males just last month, 7 is a big number only this deep into a year.

And now you know why I am Tombstone Smoker!

Attachments

• 20220710_151135.jpg
    20220710_151135.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220710_151125.jpg
    20220710_151125.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220710_151559.jpg
    20220710_151559.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200918_163152.jpg
    20200918_163152.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200918_163200.jpg
    20200918_163200.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220717_064300.jpg
    20220717_064300.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks, so far no trouble with the locals this year, but one did make for an interesting dance partner a few years back. As to the other smoke rooms in this thread - amazing!
TS

Searock, you got a nice man cave. I"m jealous! I love the vintage posters, really fits the atmosphere and probably sparks some interesting conversations while enjoying your pipe.

I'm closely examining this photo and have a question under the photo.

cPm49cjl.jpg

The banjos: Are those 6-string banjo guitars, 5-string, 4-string or 4-string plectrum?
Idlefellow, you have great collection of interesting items in your mancave, or as you call it your museum. I bet each item has an interesting backstory!