A first for me!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Well this was a first for me. I was walking home from my weekly acupuncture session, swimming trunks in one hand, walking cane in the other and the MM Twain Cob with plum Forever Stem filled with Ashton Brindle Flake puffing away when this black Acura SUV pulled up and stopped. Inside was a mom and perhaps late teen, or just nudging 20, daughter who looks at me and asks "can it take your picture with you smoking your pipe?"

I said "uh, sure" and she whipped out her cellphone and snaps the shot. With the widest grin on her face she says "thank you very much." I told her she was welcome and they drove off. I noticed the plates were from NJ and wondered if they never saw anyone smoking a pipe in NJ.

Anyhow this is what she got.

34687717592_f3dfa3204b_z_d.jpg

banjo

Cripes! I only hope I don't end up on a T-shirt with my mug plastered on it saying I went to Maine and all I got was this T-shirt with some old fart on it smoking a pipe.
banjo

Blackhorse":rbc131j6 said:
Local color.

Interesting story Mr. Banjo. At least the Mom didn't start reading you the riot act for corrupting the chillin with your flagrant behaviour. Just think of the influence you might have left on those young and impressionable! Doesn't bear thinking about. ;)

btw that's a helluva nice cob in yer gob!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Goddamoutastatuhs! At least they didn't ask, "Which way to Millinocket?" 'Course then you could have replied, "You can't get there from here." (Sorry, I couldn't figger out how to spell   h e r e phonetically in a Maine accent.)

Ah, yes, walking history you were! Nice the folks recognized that..... Great encounter! Well played!

Great story, but you missed the opportunity to reply, " Ay-uhp"! to give them a genuine shot of old timey down east pipe-smokin' gent!

Seeing a man walking and smoking a pipe in ANY city is a rare site. I’ve only seen 2 and I’m 50. (Not including my pops)

Cool story...