A Follow-up to my recent surgery.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meerorbriar":3u8dtkzv said:
........... - are they letting you eat more solid stuff now? ..............
icon_sunny.png

Happy puffin'

Meer
icon_flower.png
They are allowing me to but my stomach isn't. This part has been the toughest for me. I really have to watch what I eat so I do not choke. About the only "solid" thing that I have had without too much difficulty is meatloaf cut up into very small pieces, crackers, mashed potatoes, refried beans, cream corn and tuna salad. I had a piece of broiled fish the other day (about the size of two fish sticks) and thought I was going to have to call 911 when I started choking. I guess it is just going to take time.

My Gramps pulled all his teeth while sitting in his favorite chair. Us kids got to play with them. What I remember him doing for years was shredding all his food with his fork. Didn't matter what it was, he shredded it.

I know that it will gradually get better Mike! And you will be rewarded for your patience!

Mike, we're really glad that you're on the mend and you'll be abusing your lungs soon, but not soon enough, I'm sure. Better that you're posting. I miss your comments.

Well I guess I should give my three month progress report. I have lost 100 pounds in three days shy of three months. My blood sugar level and blood pressure are both well within the normal range. I am off most of my prescription medication now and feeling great. My energy level couldn't be better. The doctor told me in the beginning that I would lose in the "neighborhood" of 100 pounds in the first six months. I beat that by three months. I have seen him twice since the surgery and he is very pleased with my progress. I'm at the half way point of my personal goal of two hundred pounds lost before I normalize my weight. We shall see. I have the energy to catch up on home improvements and the wife and I have even planted a vegetable garden. I'm even bought me a new fly rod/reel outfit and am going to try and take up fly fishing. I would also like to thank everyone who has been asking me about my progress and who have been an encouragement. Thanks gentleman and women.

Its great to hear the good news about your surgery. Proof positive that prayers work. Keep on keeping us posted and congrats!!!!

Great news Mike,
Although I have only recently joined this group, I really enjoy reading your posts and am very happy to hear of your healthy results. I know two people close by that have had the same surgery and they couldn't be happier with themselves and life in general. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction, especially getting a new fly rod and reel. Can't beat getting out in the fresh air, puffin' on a pipe and landing a nice fish. That's livin'. My best to you and keep us posted on your progress.
Andy
:D

That is GREAT news Mike!!! As far as the flyfishing goes, standby because soon you are going to see the "necessity" :p of a custom made split bamboo rod and of course you have to get a Peerless reel. Don't worry though you can save enough money to buys this things by tying your own flies rather than buying them :lol!: Oh yeah, got to have more than 1 flyrod, several actually in different weights for different streams, and on and on and on. :lol!: Flyfishing is a great sport but JUST as addicting as our pipes. Pretty soon we will be reading about your B.A.D. (Bamboo Acquisition Disorder) :darklord:

Best wishes for your continued improved health and I am pulling for you to reach your goal.

Dave

Congrats Mike!

The weight loss is terrific, but the best part is that you are feeling fine and energetic.

Keep up the good work.

Mike

Wow Mikem... there is so much to admire in this journey of yours. I wished I had your "spirit".

:D Paul

Congratulations Mike!!!!!!

That is so awesome and you are a tremendous insperation! I am very happy for you but I know most of all you are happy and your loved ones are happy, especially concerning your health. I know because my wife stays on me all the time!

Keep up the good work! Sometime before long you need to change that avatar so we can see the after photo! I understand though if you don't want to.

Well done, Mike. We're all proud of your focus and courage . This has to be a truly frightening experience. Glad to see your posts again.

Let's see, lose half the desired weight==50% increase in pay???? Can't wait to see the new slimmer, richer Mike.

Mike,

I am so glad for you that thigs are moving so well. Great...keep us posted please.

Well, I had my five month follow-up visit today at the doctors office. I have lost a total of 146 pounds :cheers: so far since January 7th of this year. They must of took a half gallon of blood for tests and everything came back great. Vitamin levels, iron levels, everything. My blood pressure was 120 over 70 and my blood sugar levels were normal. No more pills for either :cheers: . I have sixty more pounds to reach my personal goal of weighing 200 pounds at 6' 2". The doctor told me that was very obtainable especially since I have been losing so well and keeping my iron and vitamin levels so well. Wish me luck and thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. :pipe:

Oh yea, I would still kill ;) for a piece of pizza :drool: . :lol!:

Wow Mikem, I knew you had some surgery just before I came on board. Had no idea that extensive. :shock: One of the gals my wife works with had that procedure done several months ago. Now, other than carbonated beverages she eats anything she desires, just not as much. I can't believe you have done all the box pass action and so forth after that. You obviously have a stronger constitution than the bulldog. Prayers are with you my friend.

Best

Bd

PS, your BP is better than mine, and I am supposedly @ my optimum wait with no hist of cardio :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mike,

That is incredibly awesome!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy for you and I know that you feel great!

Once your goal is met I am sure that your doc won't mind if you have an occasional slice of pizza as long as you exercise a little will power.