A Follow-up to my recent surgery.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would give everybody a follow-up from my gastric bypass surgery. I am able to smoke once again, although I'm holding it to around four bowls a week right now. I have lost 61 pounds in 35 days. I have yet to feel hungry through the entire time. The insurance company has already paid all the bills with a cost to me of only $225 for everything. I am off of all my high blood pressure pills. In fact a week after the surgery we had a scare because I was still taking them (per doctors instructions) and my blood pressure fell to 80/40. Talk about feeling weak and light headed. Now (without the pills) my blood pressure is normal. Three days after surgery my blood sugar level fell from an average of 140-150 a day down to 104 a day. Alls I can say is that God does answer prayers and I thank all of you who prayed on my behalf.

The only down side to this whole thing. I would kill :affraid: for a piece of pizza right now. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

That's great news Mike.

I'm glad the surgery worked out so well for you.

I know you were scared to join Jenny Craig.

Mike

That's great news! God does indeed answer prayers, in many different ways.

Mike

I know your smarter than that but that pizza won't taste as good as you remember AND more importantly would put you in the hospitol.

We are cheering you on! Keep up the good fight Mike.

Mike, I guess I wasn't paying attention when this came up. Man, I'm so happy for you. Good going.

Every day, you're going to feel better and better. Speaking as someone who lost a lot of weight, myself (and still has a lot to go), nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels.

I'll send you my prayers for a quick recovery.

Mike, I'm happy as can be about your good news!! I'm sure that it will continue to be good :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to almost routine living. After my heart attack in '04, I could never go into Denny's w/ quite the same intensity or interest :evil:

Great news Mike and I am glad that everything is working out so well!

Thanks for giving us an update!

Mike,

Happy to hear that all is going well. You'll continue to be in our prayers.

Take care my friend...

Mike,

thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Really great news. I hope your recovery continues to go well. Still keeping you in my prayers. Take care,

TC

An amazing story Mikem. Good to learn that it is heading in the right direction.

:D Paul

Mike,

All great news! Glad to know that you're officially on "the mend"...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Sounds like great results so far - are they letting you eat more solid stuff now? I'll be praying for your continued success in your healthy lifestyle change.
icon_sunny.png

Happy puffin'

Meer
icon_flower.png