A friend indeed!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valdus

Reaction score
A good friend gave up smoking and handed me a box filled with the following. Just took inventory this morning...

3 oaks Syrian, 5 t, 1 cellaring
Briggs London Blend
C&D Small Batch Sansepolcro 2t, 1 cellaring
Dunhill Royal Yacht, 3t
Nightap
Escudo
GL Pease Westminster, 10 t, 1 c
Abingdon, 4 t
Odyssey. 2t
Cairo, 2t
Caravan
Sextant 2t
Gaslighter 2t
Quiet Nights
McClelland! Bombay Extra '99
Xmas Cheer '03
Rose of Latakia
Frog Morton Across the Pond '04
On the Bayou '03
Syrian Full Balkan '04
Murdoch's Pipe
Plum Pudding Special Reserve 1t, 1 cellaring
Presbyterian 3t
Rattray's Highland Tobacco 2t
Rattray's Red Raparee Tobacco

Needless to say he is now a great friend.

Escudo, Presbyterian and the small batch I bought. Opened the old Westminster and it smoked smooth and glorious.

Valdus":ms3tel3t said:
Yeah should I just keep them in tins sealed, or do the jar thing?
If it were me, I'd just keep them in the tins, unless you have reason to believe that the seal has been broken (or has failed) on any of them. Those tins can stay for a long long time just as they are.

You really should be jarring most of it since tins are haphazard at best. Yup...send ‘em here and I’ll get ‘em sealed up right. Well, MOST of ‘em anyway. Who knows, you might even get a few back!

:twisted:

I'd leave be the ones with a pull-top lid, but anything that is held on by screw lid and vacuum, I'd probably put in jars. I'd do my best to date the tins before moving them to jars, just for the sake of information.

That's quite a box. I don't get envious often, but here I am experiencing that deadly sin.