A Good Source For DE Razors?..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello All,

Today I hit Walgreens,CVS,Rite Aid and WalMart and came up empty except for their store brand DE blades.E-Bay does'nt seem to have much now either.Does anyone have a good source for DE blades? I've already tried Derby's and would now like to try Personna's,Merkur's and Feather's....

Best,
Dock

Tony's right. I think any name brand blades you want you'll likely find online. I think my grocery store, Publix, has a generic brand that I use. The generic thing opens another can of worms: are name brand blades sharper, more durable, etc. than generics?

I want to say Carlos found a source for some DE blades once. He might have bought out everything they had, though. Think about that, too. If you stumble over a cache of them, invest!

showme

I got my Wilkinsonsword's on ebay, as full box of shelf packs. Probably like drug stores used to get them.

I have other, more collectable packs that came with some of the ebay razors. I need to take some pics of that stuff.

Dock,

I get Persona's at Wal-mart for about $1.50 for 10, they work as well as any I've tried.
Of course there's that little trick I have to tell you about....

Midnight Blues":xayjt5g4 said:
Tell us all, MB. I'm for anything that results in a smoother, better shave.

showme

At one time Knox sold Merkur's. I have also found them at my local Tinderbox in Phoenix believe it or not. I have been able to purchase Gillette's at CVS Pharmacy.

showme1or2":p0kwczup said:
Midnight Blues":p0kwczup said:
Tell us all, MB. I'm for anything that results in a smoother, better shave.

showme
S,
What I do with each new blade is burnish the cutting edge, affectionately know as "corking the blade". The process starts with a nice cork from a bottle wine, you then simply and carefully drag the blade thru the cork 4 -7 times for each side. This practice takes about a minuet, the results are amazing.

Give it a try and you'll receive the smoothest shave you've ever had....

"Corking the blade." Hmmm, I'll try it. Is this similar to stropping a straight razor on leather?

showme

mdmiller5":2rx3i0e5 said:
At one time Knox sold Merkur's. I have also found them at my local Tinderbox in Phoenix believe it or not. I have been able to purchase Gillette's at CVS Pharmacy.
I think Knox still does sell Merkur...5.50 for ten.

Mike

I got a mess of Feathers from a link I found (and later lost) on ebay. Great blades for sure! :D

pauldog
at www.shavemyface.com

offers Feather blades at a very decent price

http://westcoastshaving.com offers sample packs along with quantities of any single brand. I like the Swedish Gillette blades in my 1947 Super Speed (even though they are a little on the pricey side ... about $1 per blade) and Feathers in my Merkur. These combos seem to give me the most comfortable shave.