A Great Visit!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Had the pleasure of spending part of Saturday (14 Jun) with Mr & Mrs Muleskinner. They were in OKC for a few days; we got together for a swell afternoon. Guys, Ol' Muley has been holdin' out on us!! He's been in this pipe business for quite a while and knows one hell of a lot of people we/I read about and do business with!! Not to mention he has one drop dead gorgeous pipe collection; several of which he brought to our get-together! What a great afternoon...wish more of us could get together and do this! FTRPLT

I'm supposed to be in Oklahoma this August for 2 weeks of training.Perhaps
we can split a possum and attend a Holy Ghost revival together. :shock: :shock:

Winslow

ftrplt, We had a great time as well. The time we spent together just seemed to fly by. Don't let ftrplt kid you, he brought some great pipes with him as well and we are sure he has more where those came from.
Count us in for the meeting in August. Just let us know who is bringing the Possum.

FYI, My cardiology appointment went well. The Dr. was happy with my progress and my heart went back into regular rate since the last time my internal defibrillator shocked me. So I don't have to let the Dr. do another heart cardioversion now. Thank the Lord!

Muleskinner

I will confirm my school tommorrow with the office.Sometimes they cancel the
schools,this one is for Allen Bradley programmable relays.I don't work with them
much but if they already paid for the class someone has to go.My wife has the time
of her life at that Gov. school,no cooking or cleaning,gourmet food and all kinds of activities for the wives[Tai Chi,Belly Dancing,Aromatherapy,ect.] while I suffer
through a quasi military school. :( :( :(
Looking forward to red dirt,fire ants,termite mounds,and roserocks!Also horseback
riding and the best people! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Winslow

It's official,I'll be in Oklahoma 8/5 until 8/14. :) :) :) . I have to order a pair
of cowboy boots,last time I fell off a horse when I dismounted because my rubber soled shoe stuck in the stirrup. :oops: Must make sure not to buy some city slicker alligator tail pimp boots.
I'll be PM'ng you all as the time draws close.I will be driving down so I'll have wheels to get around.

Winslow

That's great news Muleskinner...

Hey Winslow, swing down through KY and I'll give ya some good opossum. Those Oklahoma opossum have Armor that makes 'em hard to eat.

Hey Wins, We'll take you to the stockyards. Order/buy yourself some "real" ridin' boots and go to Cattlemans for a steak dinner!! FTRPLT

We were in the Stockyards district last January looking for some Indian jewelry
for the wife.We were right across the street from that restaurant you mentioned.
It was on a Sunday and the streets were rather empty except for a few locals on foot,one of which asked me for some spare change to buy a sandwich.This time I will bring a few small bottles of fortified wine to distribute. :twisted:
I wanted to go into Shorty's to get a real Western hat but he was closed.We did get over to Sheplers and buy some Western gear,I have an OU baseball hat.We will fit right in,nobody will know we're not from around there until my wife starts talking with her Staten Island accent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winslow

You guys have some fun!I am planning on getting out to see some BoBs late this year,possibly early next.One of the coolest times of this year was when PB came by;sat in my dingy basement and chatted for several hours.....Life is good!
Respectfully,Tony

Hey you Okies. I'll think of you as the missus, our grandson of 9 and I drive thru OKC on the way to our son's house in Norman Friday. :pipe: Earl