A KIA SOUL cannot muscle a Semi off the freeway!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Don’t try this at home!

Driving back from dropping my daughter off at work...bopping down the center lane south on I-205 at about 65 mph.  One second I’m buzzing right along...the next I’m half way into the right lane trying to shoulder a double trailer semi off the road...or something.  Yup, I fell asleep.  No warning.  I later discovered a barely scuffed front fender fairing.  Very small...likely won’t even claim it for repair. Tough little K Car.

But gents...it scared the holy crap outta me.  What if that semi hadn’t been there to “hold me” onto the freeway.  I would have drifted right off the road at 65 mph!!!  Given what was off the road to the right at that point it would have been an almost certain catastrophe.

Thank you Lord...for protecting me once again.

Hey-Suess Maria! You were very fortunate on that one allrighty. I've dozed off about 3 times in my short life and drifted into the gravel shoulder which woke me up. Could've been way worse!

:shock:

Cheers,

RR

You are one lucky mutha"!!!!! Your guardian angel did a good job!! Glad you're still with us!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Scary indeed. I wouldn't just count my blessings and shrug this off. I'd want to know what prompted the sudden doze... less coffee than usual? Poor night's sleep? Blood sugar level? Carb coma?

I say this because when my father first discovered he had diabetes he passed out twice without warning while driving and my mom had to grab the wheel. Had been been alone in the car, well... :shock:

Glad the hear you are ok and it was only I minor scuff and not something worse. Hope the nap was just because of sleepiness and not a medication condition like brunello mentioned

Wow, that was close. The highway rumbles strips are there for that same reason.