A lil more than 'What are you smoking'.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Tonight I enjoyed a nice bowl of Pete Stokkbye's LNF in a Danish pipe..No I'm not telling you what brand... :D

Its been a long day.. Stuck in a car with a schmuck for 8 hrs yesterday on the way down here to Duncan SC, sleeping in a hotel(why did they ever take out the vibrating beds? It reminded me of my truck), facing the unknown of training for a new to me type of trucking... Yes I'd say I deserved a good smoke..

I tried something other than the fold and tuck or the rub out and pack.. I saw someone here or on another board say they rolled their flakes into a circle and stuffed 'em in sideways... My.. That was a loooong smoke..and quite tastey too.. Hope yall are having a good night.

I tried that packing method with SG's FVF; the smoke lasted forever, quite nice.

Stuffing the unbroken flake in your pipe helps the tobacco burn slow, long and intense.

Try some dark-fired burley flake that way (my favourite is Solani Silver Flake) and tell me if it doesn't clear out a lot of debris from your head!

Funny you should mention that method, as that's been my primary way to smoke flakes (and probably 2/3 of what I smoke are flakes) for years now. But just the last month or so I've been cutting them crosswise with a scissors (so they end up like little cube-cut burley bits). I've been really enjoying that method.

A trick I've used for rolling, is I have a couple of old 2" "slices" of various sized pipes, so using one that's the same inside diameter at my pipe, I roll up a flake rather tightly while it's moist, slide it in the pipe section, and let it sit out overnight. By morning the moisture level is perfect, and is slides right out of one pipe and into the smoking one.

Flakes are great in almost any method of smoking.

Natch

I do the fold and stuff method with C&D Star of the East. It doesn't crumble easily like some flakes. It makes for a long, tasty smoke.

In my pipe-tool box I keep several tweezers of the type that women use to pluck their eyebrows.

I hold the flake with one, and wrap it around the tweezer. I then put the tweezer into the bowl of the pipe and release the flake. With a little practise, it works beautifully.

Flakes give a long, concentrated smoke. Sometimes they are hard to light but, once they're on, there's nothing better. Years ago, one didn't see too many of them in the American market. I am glad they've become increasingly popular.