A new brother in Brooklyn

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeersAndBriars

Reaction score
Greetings Brothers of Briar! Being new to the community here I wanted to sign on and introduce myself. I'm a relatively new and inexperienced piper hailing from good ol' brooklyntown in new york city. Sadly and surprisingly, there is not one single pipe shop in all of brooklyn and I've taken to the interwebs in search of pipe smoking camaraderie and information. And as a novice I've found this forum to be extremely helpful and look forward to participating in these (e)conversations and getting to know some fellow pipesmokers.

Hey man, greetings from Kensington.

If you want a good tobacconist, go into the city and check out Barclay Rex. Nat Sherman's is OK but I don't like their staff, or that they only sell house blend tobacco. My girlfriend went into De La Concha the other day and said it looked nice, so I'm planning to check that out as well.

Welcome! Hey we're practically neighbors! I'm from Queens. You found a great virtual community here.

If you ever have a chance, allow me to invite you to a meeting of the New York Pipe Club. We meet monthly in Manhattan.

You can find all you need to know here: http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/

Happy Smokes!

Lou

I'm new here also, glad to meet you! My grandmother used to live over on Wyckoff Ave back in the 60's! Great place for a Sunday visit! (They had color tv!)

Welcome! Looks like you have quite a few neighbors here! It's great to make those new connections. :cheers:

Welcome. I'm new here also, but I've enjoyed my stay and the interesting post. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! And the tip (I hope to check out Barclay Rex soon) and the invite (If I don't make this upcoming meeting, you'll see me at the next one!). Seems I've found the right place... ':D'

Welcome!

I am a Brooklyn native myself - birth through age 9, anyway. My Dad still lives there, off Court St. near Atlantic Ave. Heck, I was just there myself last month for a visit.

I will second the recommendation for Barclay Rex (the Maiden Lane location is the best, and probably easiest to get to from Brooklyn subways). I am also a fan of De La Concha, in midtown south of Central Park (if memory servers, somewhere on 6th Ave?).

-Andrew

Sorry for the delay.. I was not getting new posts for some reason.. Doing some catch up.. Greetings and Welcome.. :cheers: