A New Father at 62

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Not me, although I'd like to be 62 again. One of my friends quietly married last year, his second, with no offspring from his long time first marriage. His new wife, the baby's mother is 45. They went to the Czech Republic for IVF. He says they'll have a huge wedding celebration when the pandemic calms down. When I was 62, my "baby daughter" was 20. I can't imagine being a new father at 62, but at 76, I sure wouldn't mind having a 59-year-old wife.

Steve, just think about that for a minute. A few years ago before I met my wife, who is only 3 years my junior, I dated a woman who was 42. I was 64 at the time. Thought it was great till I got to thinking, man when she is 64, I will be 86. How is that gonna work out? Lol. And older women are more compatible. They have lived through the same eras we have. You really want to date a woman who doesn't know who Benny Goidman is or doesn't remember dial telephones? Give me someone like the gal I dated of Japanese extraction. 4 years older than me and can still pass for a 45 year old.

As my old man once said, men should have babies while they can still pick'em up.

I think at a certain age my mindset went from Mrs. Perfect to Mrs. Right for me. As it turns out she likes fishing, camping, woodworking, and the occasional foray in to the tool section at the hardware store. Not to mention she is a foodie. We have been hitched for 5 years now and no more kids for us. A combined family of eight and 20 + grandkids is plenty.