A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!

• Thread starter Deleted member 4028
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 4028

MB will shortly release the HH Burley Flake ! :cheers:

I can't wait to be able to try it and I will very most probably stash it like crazy!

I suspect it will be akin to Wessex Burley Slice or Solani Burley Flake. :cheers:

I read it will be available for sampling at the Chicago show and on sale shortly after, as well as Amphora Virginia.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait :bounce: :bounce: :lol!:

I'll be posting my review of the HH Burley Flake in the next day or so. My Amphora Virginia review is already posted at TR. The BF is closer to the Wessex than it is to the Solani, but it has several differences as well. so I would say it stands on its own.

Jim, have you sampled Mac Baren’s alternate Three Nuns with perique yet? Just curious..

DrumsAndBeer":6u1c6y6f said:
Jim, have you sampled Mac Baren’s alternate Three Nuns with perique yet? Just curious..
No, I haven't. I'll probably not get the chance until June.

JimInks":985gznis said:
I'll be posting my review of the HH Burley Flake in the next day or so. My Amphora Virginia review is already posted at TR. The BF is closer to the Wessex than it is to the Solani, but it has several differences as well. so I would say it stands on its own.
My, oh my! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ozark Wizard":wpyx38l4 said:
:affraid:

Can they release that so close to the FDA deadline?
As conscious as they are about the FDA, I think they can. I tried the burley flake over a year ago when Mac Baren was planning new blends, and they asked for my opinion then (I told them to make it, btw). The FDA rules obviously changed their minds, but with the date change of the rules being enforced, I am supposing they can do it, or else they wouldn't.

JimInks":mm5ion3t said:
Ozark Wizard":mm5ion3t said:
:affraid:

Can they release that so close to the FDA deadline?
As conscious as they are about the FDA, I think they can. I tried the burley flake over a year ago when Mac Baren was planning new blends, and they asked for my opinion then (I told them to make it, btw). The FDA rules obviously changed their minds, but with the date change of the rules being enforced, I am supposing they can do it, or else they wouldn't.
Well I'll be, it's comforting to know that some manufacturers are still forging ahead. I'm a fan of all the HH line, so I'll be sure to check out this latest incarnation. Thanks for the Intel Jim!

I am a big fan of the HH line as well & I too am looking forward to trying their burley flake. With the absence of Solani ABF and the relative scarcity of the Wessex Slices it will be nice to have another quality burley flake to smoke.

Similar to the Wessex, though milder and slightly sweeter. Not even close to Solani or C&D Burley Flakes IMHO. I don't like the Wessex and I didn't like this. I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Will be keen to try it based on my love of ODF and all the rest of the HH series, especially if it has a natural sweetness to it.

Can't wait for the reviews to roll in.

Cheers

Tim

Timbo":5vznlu0f said:
Will be keen to try it based on my love of ODF and all the rest of the HH series, especially if it has a natural sweetness to it.

Can't wait for the reviews to roll in.

Cheers

Tim
I just posted the review.