A New Pipe Book Folks!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
"Confessions of a Pipeman" by Gary Schrier is now available! If the name seems familiar it's because he just recently wrote that most excellent book about the history of calabash pipes....

Order em' here:
http://www.briarbooks.com/Home_Page.php

I'm 1/2 way through it. It's the best pipe related book I've read since Newcombe's "Pipe Dreams"! This is a MUST read folks!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I just finished the book and I loved it I just wish I did'nt read it so fast. It was too hard to put down. :cheers:
Best Regards
Richard

Hey Doc, I pulled the trigger on this and received it yesterday. I also picked up "The Pipe Smoker's Tobacco Book" by Robert F. Winans.

Haven't gotten into "Confessions" yet, but finished the other and was very pleased with it. Very informative to any with an interest in the production/scientific side of tobacco. Book is only about 80 pages, but packs a lot of data into them.

I truly enjoyed this book and I suggest it to anyone, with a grain of salt. I disagree with him on a number of positions, but his writing is invaluable and the majority of his opinions, accurate.

This thread was originally posted in 2009. The 2nd Edition of this book has been printed with 50% more text and some pics. It still is my favorite book on the subject of PIPESMOKING and deserves another look.

Also, if you email the author you'll find him to be a real Pipeman and an all around good guy.

Peace-Mike :cheers: