A new pipe for the Solstice

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
I like to celebrate the Summer Solstice by smoking a pipe, sitting quietly and taking in the evening in the 'shire.

This evening's little foray was all the more special as I enjoyed a new pipe that was gifted from a brother on the BoB.  

After commenting on one of Banjo's threads that I ought to add one to my collection, this fine gent contacted me suggesting that I chose a couple from the MM website, whereupon he would send them across the Pond to me.

I gratefully took him up on the offer and they arrived over the weekend.  I decided to modify the Country Gent by following Michael M's YouTube guidance on removing the excess stem protrusion in the bottom of the bowl and packing the bottom with some pipe mud.  Well, I do like to tinker.

I won't go into a full review here but suffice to say the result was a truly wonderful smoke that showed off one of my favourite blends perfectly.  Aren't cobs great!  It's a shame it's taken several years for me to finally appreciate them.

So, to the very kind chap - who I believe would prefer to stay out of the lime light - a huge thank you.  You've made me a very happy bunny.  :D

KExcellent choice. At your next opp, consider the Diplomat bent with the Fifth Avenue bowl. A swell Virginia pipe at a ridiculous price. Enjoy your Country Gent.

Do love my cobs for their sweet Virginia and burley smoking capabilities. Be careful Stick, they tend to proliferate as much as briars. I got one 8 months ago and now have 7. :)

Cheers

Tim