A newbie says hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janski

Reaction score
Hi all,

Another newbie introducing himself. My name is Jan, I live in Helsinki (Finland) and I am a newbie to smoking a pipe.

I frequent a finnish smokers board, and used to do so to chat with other cigarsmokers. I've been smoking/enjoying/collecting habanos for about 15 years.

However, they have a forum for pipesmokers too. I decided to read it just out of curiosity. The guys there wrote with a passion I had to respect. I bought two cheap pipes and a sampler of tobaccos

A lot of fumbling and burnt tongues later I'm hooked. When everything is just right, a bowl tastes divine. I'm enjoying this immensly. If you smoke a cigar, it's either good, bad, too moist, too dry or plugged.

Many more variables with pipes. Matching a tobacco with a pipe, too moist or too dry, did I pack this right etc.

I learned quite quickly that aromatics are not my thing. I newer liked (and still don't) aromatic cigars either. What I enjoy the most are VA's and VAPER's, not to forget Englishes/orientals, or burleys :) Solani ABF in a cob with coffee is my breakfast staple.

In short I now have 40(ish) pipes and a nice selection of tobacco to smoke in them. I'm glad I decided to try smoking a pipe. If I didn't I would have missed out on a multitude of truly great tobacco. I Still love my Habanos and probably always will, but I now have a wider selection to choose from and that's a good thing :)

Smoking some Squadron leader in a Peterson Rock of Cashel as I write this. Cool smokes gentlemen.
--
Jan with his training wheels on

hello janske, i'm also a veteran habanos smoker, new pipe smoker..welcome to BoB.

Howdy Jan, but it doesn't sound like you are all that much of a newbie. I am quite sure that with your odyssey of the pipe you have much knowledge to share!