A nice Feature - Thread Preview Box

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Houston

Reaction score
One feature that I really appreciate in the Smoker's Forum is the ability to preview a thread. When you place your cursor over a thread topic in the index, you can read about 3 lines of the first post. It's very helpful to get an idea if the topic is what you think it's about.

I don't know how they do that, or what the technical name for it is, but I like it. Is that something we can do here?

I haven't lurked SF since all of SF came here but it seems like I remember they have a diff Software than we do.
On top of that we are using a server that had the software 'preloaded'. There are a lot of things ours can do that the server has disabled. We are pretty limited in what we can/cant do.

Actually I miss that feature as well, but to be fair it is not a vital feature only useful.

Check out cooliris.com.
I am just playing around with it and it seems to have some of these features.
Bub

puros_bran":y11bvyur said:
I haven't lurked SF since all of SF came here

I don't know that "all" of SF has migrated here, but I have and I too have not returned since. I simply made the decision to leave there quietly without comment. I like their page but the ultra G rated moderation is a bit nausiating from an adult standpoint. That's something that I don't find here and it seems to work. I suspect the user base at BoB will contiue to grow in the months to come as more and more people find it to be a place where adults can converse openly without it being what ASP had become at one point.

Dock has done a magnificent job of keeping a handle on things.

FWIW: I didn't mean to sound like I was trashing SF. I wasn't. Some may find the board type extremely gratifying and call it home. to those that do, I'm glad they have a place to further the hobby/lifestyle we call pipe n tobacco.

It was said in jest...

I have cooliris on a linux machine.. I didn't realize it was windows compatable or I would have suggested it to... good software.

puros_bran":u0dnqlbs said:
I have cooliris on a linux machine.. I didn't realize it was windows compatable or I would have suggested it to... good software.
Cooliris is a Firefox plugin. Available in both Linux and Windows versions.