A Passion for Pipes Down

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZuluCollector

Reaction score
For reasons that I assume are related to Apple’s changes from Dot Mac to Mobile Me, I cannot update my blog without receiving error messages from Apple.

I can make posts but critical features and information are absent, like someone's ability to make comments. That’s why you don’t see the “Add a Comment Link.” The feature is turned on but there is something wrong with the code and it won’t post.

I spent the whole day on the phone with Apple yesterday working with technical support. Frankly, what I get is that they really don't care that over a year of work and participation is gone.

Either my Apple laptop’s failure created a corrupt file that no longer works (which results in the loss of my blog and over a year of work and participation) or Apple’s changes in service will not allow me to update without errors.

In either case, A Passion for Pipes is discontinued temporarily, until it is possible for me to post again.

This is not the best of days. I apologize to you.

I will make an announcement regarding the outcome of the photo contest in the next several days but unless things are fixed, there will be no way for you to comment.

It really takes the fun out of the contest. I have to say that I’m really disappointed about this.

Sorry to hear of the troubles Neill.

I will consult with a couple Apple/Mac experts I know and see if I can find a solution if it's a common, but recent problem.

I have heard back from one of my Apple/Mac gurus. He is in the same boat as you. He's royally pissed about having paid for a service that is now screwed up. I suspect if he finds a solution, it will be something Apple announces to those using their service. You will probably learn of it from them.

Sorry I wasn't of more help. But it would also seem to confirm that it's something Apple has done, and not anything it's users of it's services have done.

That absolutely eats it, Neil.

Hope you're back on the road directly. With everything intact.

:face: