A peaceful evening for contemplation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
With the bad vibes that come with losing a family member I have remembered to be healthy, to process this occurrence properly so it can be put to bed after the funeral service.  The positives far out weigh the negative.  It's a cold cloudy night 30 degrees with off and on sleet showers, I'm sitting at the dining room table and can here the patter of rain on the roof and Windows as the wind slightly howls.   I started the first fire of the season in our old Clayton wood stove and the dry warmth feels comforting against my skin.  The smell of burning tobacco in my pipe mixing with the smell of a wood fire sets me into a deep peace.  My thoughts run through all the events of this last year, the good and the bad. It quite astonishing how strong we are as individuals  , how we make it through the negative , make it through situations we are sure will  scar us for life at the moment we are there but in hindsight we can then and only then see how powerful and resilient we truly are.  We all have our crosses to bare in life, and in the end we bare them beautifully.   I'm also reminded in this moment of my friends here that are going through their own personal Hells,  They may be too close to the situation they are in and may think they are failing but from my point of view I see them handling themselves with eloquence and grace.  In this thought I am so proud of them, proud to call them my friends proud of the fact that whether they know it or not they are setting an example to others , their stoic natures allowing for those around them to draw strength and inspiration from them. This in essence to me is the blessing of friendship and comradery, we are there to support each other through dark times while at the same time sharing our strength that will balance out momentary weakness.  It's moments like these that I find my faith in humanity is restored.  To all that read my thoughts from this evening please, never forget how beautiful and powerful you truly are as you are blessing to others you meet in this journey we call life.   I AM BLESSED!

Wonderful stuff here Alex. As you say, together, we can hold together, as with the analogy of the stick bundle being stronger than the single stick.

The trials we all go through are like this, in my perception anyway....

We are all like blocks of metal. Life can be like a forge, and trials are like the blows of the Smith's hammer. It can be a lot of stress on our metal, but through fire and the hammer, we can become fine swords, the blows, the tempering, all that rough handling can create great works, sharpen our resolve, and strengthen us ultimately. Sure, sometimes we break. But overall, it appears we improve from those trials.

And yes, sir, we are indeed blessed! May you enjoy the rest of your evening.