A perfect smoke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
On August 27, 2008 I had a perfect smoke.

I loaded a Viprati Fiammata that had not used for over 6 months with GLP Fillmore and used an Old Boy to light the tobacco around 7:30 pm CDT. The pipe worked like a champ and the tobacco was full of flavor. The smoke lasted about 45 minutes.

Despite what some people say about St Louis [http://web.mac.com/neillarcherroan/A_Passion_for_Pipes/Blog/Entries/2008/8/6_St._Louis.html], we occasionally have the perfect smoke.

I was so struck by the experience that I tried to find an analogy. The closest I could think of was the first date kiss as opposed to the married kiss. The first date kiss has the WOW factor while a married kiss expresses a lot of other important feelings.

Since my comments concerns pipe smoking rather than marriage, when was the last time you smoked a pipe that had the WOW factor?

Bub

This morning..........Walnut in a Brissett bent billiard/danish egg...........WOW!!!!!! :D

wow factor,,,I've always smoked cigarettes, many years worth. Then it came time to give them up and I turned to a pipe, but it was very inconvenient while working, and a cigar was easier, available everywhere, great tobaccos, if I lost a three dollar stick it was not the end of the world, like losing a pipe. I've slowed down, lost a lot of friends, time to kick back ,,,back to the pipe where you can relax, take your time. I've been smoking aromatics right along, light and smooth, the wife enjoys the aroma. But I got curious about other tobaccos, and ordered a plethora of tobaccos and blends of all sorts. Now the wow factor, I hesitantly loaded my squat bulldog with a virginia tobacco and touched it off,,,fully expecting tongue bite I sipped slowly,,,WOW FACTOR ,,,amazing flavor, fantastic sweet flavor,many different flavors,,the bowl seemed to last forever, and it just kept getting better. True tobacco flavor and enjoyment. Forgive me for rambling on (I'm just a rookie) but I've discovered virginia tobaccos. This is MY wow factor.