Quantcast

A Personal Look At Spider-Man Co-Creator Steve Ditko.

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

leonardbill1

Reaction score
Thanks! Great article. Stan Lee profited wildly on the backs of Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. Check out the original five volumes of The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Masterworks from 1987 - 1992. High quality reprints (actually the sixth volume from 2004 that has the same marble-look style dust-cover as the original five volumes lives up to the same standards; can't speak to the quality of the remaining thirteen volumes that complete the run of a total of twenty volumes).

JimInks

Reaction score
leonardbill1":zyrrli5i said:
Thanks! Great article. Stan Lee profited wildly on the backs of Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. Check out the original five volumes of The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Masterworks from 1987 - 1992. High quality reprints (actually the sixth volume from 2004 that has the same marble-look style dust-cover as the original five volumes lives up to the same standards; can't speak to the quality of the remaining thirteen volumes that complete the run of a total of twenty volumes).
Stan Lee is a sore subject with me, even though I enjoyed working for him when I was an artist on the Spider-Man Sunday newspaper strips. He took undue credit for what he did, to say the least.