A Personal Look At Spider-Man Co-Creator Steve Ditko.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Great article. Stan Lee profited wildly on the backs of Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. Check out the original five volumes of The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Masterworks from 1987 - 1992. High quality reprints (actually the sixth volume from 2004 that has the same marble-look style dust-cover as the original five volumes lives up to the same standards; can't speak to the quality of the remaining thirteen volumes that complete the run of a total of twenty volumes).

leonardbill1":zyrrli5i said:
Thanks! Great article. Stan Lee profited wildly on the backs of Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. Check out the original five volumes of The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Masterworks from 1987 - 1992. High quality reprints (actually the sixth volume from 2004 that has the same marble-look style dust-cover as the original five volumes lives up to the same standards; can't speak to the quality of the remaining thirteen volumes that complete the run of a total of twenty volumes).
Stan Lee is a sore subject with me, even though I enjoyed working for him when I was an artist on the Spider-Man Sunday newspaper strips. He took undue credit for what he did, to say the least.