A Peterson/Squadron Leader kind of day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3604

Reaction score

Happy New Year Brothers of Briar!

This winter I have been unusually inactive...family stuff, some stress, some changes etc and I had gotten into a bit of a rut. I was pacing around this morning and Mrs Beeman told me I should get out for a walk. Being the obedient husband that I am  :roll:  I took her advice. I realized I hadn't been out for while - which is not like me. So I took my stove, a snack, my new Kupilka 37 (everyone should have one of these - even for around the house - I'll let you folks Google it) and my Peterson 301 sandblast, (it's a really gnarly one), packed it into a day pack and set off out the back door. After walking a way I found this lovely little spot down stream from a pond that had been gouged out a few years back when the beaver dam upstream had burst. I got a fire lit, the kettle on and after taking the obligatory photos I hope my not yet born grandchildren will view after I'm gone, enjoyed one of those perfect, hour long smokes one gets once and a while; the perfect spot, perfect pack, perfect light, perfect draw, perfect tobacco. I was smoking Squadron Leader, which is not my go to tobacco but it was the ONLY tobacco that fit into this perfect moment today!

I wish for all of you to have a few of these moments this year. I wish I could see what the year has in store...but I don't have 2020 vision!

Looks like you are having a great smoke there. Very relaxing looking area. I really need to have a couple days like that.