A Pipe For Your Thoughts???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joshoowah":uhunmr3r said:
Growley":uhunmr3r said:
Hawker":uhunmr3r said:
Man, I think this is going to be harder than I thought, picking the one winner out of all these great comments...
You could always just make us all one.  :twisted: :lol!: 
Insert chirping cricket sound here:

:evil:

Ok, I'm going to be making my selection sometime Monday!

Feel free to comment until then as desired, and again, thanks for your thoughts. I've enjoyed through them all and getting some good brainwaves going.

And the anticipation mounts (insert drum roll here).  :mrgreen: 

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: THIS IS THE PART WHERE I ANNOUNCE THE WINNER!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

But before I do, I want to say that I really enjoyed reading through all of your thoughts and ideas. There were so many things that got my brain working, that I wanted to think of way that I could show you that I appreciate your responses.

So here's the consolation offer: just for being good sports and throwing your idea in the hat, I'll take $50 bucks off of a pipe, should you decide you'd like to buy a Growley pipe from me in 2014. So, if you responded to this thread in any manner whatsoever,...this is you. This includes anything currently made, or custom orders.

Since there were so many good ideas, I also wanted to do a runner-up offer. I'd like to offer you the same, but I'll make it $100 off. The Runner-up is: d4klutz...Dude, you had me at "worms". I don't know what it was about this multi-tiered response that stuck with me, but it did, so you're it, you get $100 off, should you desire to order a pipe from me in 2014.

And now for the winner of the pipe. I took a good bit of time considering all of your responses. I read and re-read them multiple times, and the statement that stuck with me the most, the one I think I need to take to the bank is this:

Stick":5f5up50y said:
...Imagine if in 10 years time you could time travel back to the here and now and, using all your knowledge and experience gained in these 10 years, what advice would you give your younger self?...
Where I am in life, this is sage advice. PM me your address Stick and I'll get your "Vintage", professionally broken in, Growley original in the mail to you as soon as possible!

Thanks again Brothers. It was fun and enlightening.

Congrats Stick (and klutz)

And good on you, Growley for giving away such a nice piece.

Sweet! Gratz stick. Very generous of you growley for giving out such a piece for a little of sagely advice.

Congrats to the winners! Very generous of you Growley! I wish you the best in your new career direction :cheers: 

Congrats Stick & d4klutz!

If you guys do not yet own a Growley, then you'll be more than pleasantly surprised! Cheers!

And for Brian, well, now I gotta think of something that I might want. :face: 

Congrats stick & d4klutz! And a very generous offer by you Brian to the rest of the posters :), I may have to come up with a design.

Crikey! I really won! I've just told my good lady and she said, '...but we never win anything!'. Thank you so much Mr Growley. This will be my first 'proper' pipe at a time when I was getting serious lusting to expand my collection to three pipes, but just couldn't justify the expense. Ironically, I put my posting up because I just wanted to help as I was convinced I wouldn't be lucky enough to win such a beautiful piece. I'm so pleased it's helped in some small way though, perhaps freeing up your thinking. Boy, am I going to enjoy that pipe! I'll have to get a pipe rack next! Now for that PM... Splendid!

Stick your a well deserved winner! Hope you choke smoke it with rude pleasure!  ;) 
Couldn't have gone to a better chap! :D

Congratulations Stick  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
Very magnanimous of you to solve a problem for our colonial cousins  :lol:

Stick you're a lucky dog and no mistake. That pipe will certainly turn out to be your #1 favourite. Brian really knows what he's all about with the briar!

:king: 

Cheers,

RR

Cartaphilus":z4f4jyuq said:
Stick your a well deserved winner! Hope you choke smoke it with rude pleasure!  ;) 
Couldn't have gone to a better chap! :D
Thanks Cart! That really made me laugh...!

alandadp":hitrhzse said:
Congratulations Stick  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
Very magnanimous of you to solve a problem for our colonial cousins  :lol:
Awl rite Shippers! Always pleased to help. And it don't aaaf make a gud dit! Proper job.

Brewdude":1qky8v00 said:
Stick you're a lucky dog and no mistake. That pipe will certainly turn out to be your #1 favourite. Brian really knows what he's all about with the briar!

:king: 

Cheers,

RR
... still can't believe my luck Mr Brewdude, Sir!