A question about marriage for PB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":qglnp0g0 said:
I've had to think about this one.

There are literally tens of thousands of people around that claim to be marriage experts and truthfully are far better qualified than me.

Contrary to what LL said, Monogomy can be satisfying and there are other species on this planet that function well under the model. Whether mankind is wired for monogomy is a discussion not really worth worrying about to me, its pretty obvious to me that I am. I've never found short term relations (what we mistakenly call 'Single' ) satisfying, and often felt quite empty during the times in my life I pursued that model.

As for defining marriage using trucker terms.. Its doesn't work other than to say the trip I'm dispatched on will have little in common with the trip your dispatched on, other than to say we are both going down the road. On some of lifes roads that I breeze through, you may struggle. On roads you thrive on, I may be totally miserable. Contrary to 'real roads' the same roads in life can lead people to very different places.

If you really want marriage advice I can tell you what I plan to tell my kids..

Don't do anything away from your spouse you wouldn't do with them near.

Don't fall into the belief that you own your spouse, in todays world they can be gone in a matter of minutes.

Don't fight over things that don't matter, always ask yourself. 'Will this matter in a year? Two? Five? Ten? '
Some things are worth fighting for, but they usually prove your with the wrong person, not that you are 'right'.

Enjoy your spouse, allow them to enjoy you, Marriage can be fun if you disallow 'cultural' bs to tell you otherwise, it aint the Simpsons or Family Guy and it for sure aint 'Ghost' or Jerry McGuire... Nobody can make you happy but you, your spouse can compliment your happiness, multiply your happiness, but they can not provide it.

Its not a Zero Sum game.

Don't know if that helps but other than that I can't help ya Bub..
I am at a loss for words. Great sentiments, and words to truly live by. :cheers: