A rarity for Trevor Talbert

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Trevor Talbert Pipes have always intrigued me, in fact when I saw one of his pipes with a bamboo shank I jumped on it like a chicken on a June Bug. Several years later this one, a Talbert Grade, 1 knuckle Billiard Stack with Cumberland accent rings, one between the bamboo shank and the briar shank and one at the end of the bamboo, completing this is a beautifully shaped Cumberland Stem. Keeping it smokey with some of the last of this tin of Virginia no. 1 by Mac Baren.
banjo

29892530227_34aab405d1_z_d.jpg

I like what they have going on over there at Talberts. They're on my list.

I have a boatload of JT Cooke and Becker Pipes and almost as many Dunhill, my Talbert Pipe #’s exceeds all but the Becker’s.
banjo

Brewdude":6wzmkeyk said:
Yup. Talbert is really an under-appreciated entity and this is one such example.

8)

Cheers,

RR

I've got a half-dozen of his pipes and every one of them smokes like a dream. AND they look great as well. I can't for the life of me figure out why he doesn't charge more for some of the truly first-class pipes he crafts.

I don't know. I see some pretty insane prices on his pipes. The pipes in the lower spectrum are old stummels. He's not turning them. He's doing some finishing work on them, but a lot of the work is already done.