A Remote Chance to Get CV19 Vaccinated

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly believe that the vaccine distribution mess is so blatant and extensive that the current governor, should he choose to run for re-election will easily lose.
He announced that all St. Paul-Mpls. metro teachers would be vaccinated prior to in-school teaching. School administrators were told not to have teachers and staff begin registration until a specific time, and not to share entry codes. Administrators and several school principals confessed to sharing entry codes early with family and friends. Later, it was revealed that there was only one code, and hundreds shared it with non-educational personnel. My daughter, a Mpls. teacher is on a waiting list for vaccination because of the massive blunder in the system. The governor's staff is taking no responsibility for oversight.

Personally, I think the administrators and principals who gave out codes and registered early should be terminated immediately.

Seems that most of these "portal" systems are total failures!! Some people get in, others not! I've tried to get my "jab" for some time; never seems to be an appointment available! Then find out that various churches, some pharmacies, and other "non-portal" facilities are giving jabs; but you gotta' know somebody that knows somebody, etc. etc.!! Monday last week, I called my local VA hospital again when a buddy of mine told me they were about caught up with the 75+ year-old group!! Wonderful lady set me up with two appointments for both jabs, one in early Feb; the other three weeks later in early March! Received my confirmation letters on Thursday!! This is no way to run a railroad!!!! FTRPLT

I've heard from the local V.A. that they've vaccinated all the staff and vulnerable patients in the hospital, but so far, nothing about those of us 75+, but I was lucky in the state lottery and did get my first shot.

All St. Paul-Mpls. metro teachers were to be vaccinated prior to in-school teaching. School administrators were told not to have teachers and staff begin registration for a scheduled teacher vaccination until a specific time, and not to share entry codes. Administrators and several school principals confessed to sharing entry codes early with family and friends. Later, it was revealed that there was only one code, and hundreds shared it with non-educational personnel. My daughter, a Mpls. teacher is on a waiting list for vaccination because of the massive blunder in the system. In-school classes start on Monday. The governor's staff is taking no responsibility for oversight.
The governor and his staff figuratively wound up with St. Paul and Minneapolis Teachers' Union's foot up their respective butts. Both city's schools serve innumerable children of recent Somali immigrants, who have a very high number of confirmed Covid cases, much to do with multi-generational families living in small apartments in large urban projects.
Late yesterday, my daughter received a text message to report for a vaccination this morning. You've got to wonder, what are the people in charge thinking? The text arrived after 11:00 pm. Any number of teachers who need to be vaccinated won't have seen the text and missed their scheduled vaccination appointment. My daughter only saw it because she thought it might be an emergency call from me.

One week from today I get shot #2, unless I hear otherwise.

Last edited:
The VA called yesterday and asked if I wanted to come in Thursday or Friday of next week and gave a selection of times to pick from. I'm under 75 with no particular health factors.

Same here in AZ. System is AFU. Been trying to register online for 3 weeks with no luck. Just keep getting message that schedules have not been set up yet although they have been giving them at YRMC in PV for a month. Then this afternoon our neighbor calls from her primary doctors office and says they have extra vaccines and to come down right away. I am glad we got vaccinated but still trying to figure out how a private practice got the vaccine when we could not get it through the state or county and we were in the eligible age group. Totally fubar.

Please folks this is not a political statement.

One would have thought the distribution of the vaccine would have been planned to the last detail by an agency of the federal government when the "official" process of creating a CV19 vaccine began. I don't know who is responsible for how the vaccine is distributed and whether it's by state, county, number of recorded Covid cases, etc. There should be some transparency. I am over 75 and have been certified as disabled by the army and V.A. since 1969. Every memo I get from the V.A. in MN says, "We'll notify you when we have sufficient vaccine for distribution. We have vaccinated all V.A. Medical Center and Hospital staff and all in hospital patients deemed vulnerable."
I'm lucky, I entered the MN general 65+ lottery and was vaccinated; get my booster on Thursday. There's just a certain unfairness about the entire process. The TV visual really pissed me off watching members of Congress get their vaccinations when there are really vulnerable folks in nursing homes waiting for a vaccination.

Finally was able to log into the Indiana system since they are at the 65 year old stage. Hopefully I can get the shot since I changed my Social Security resident address to my Son's home. Earliest I can get the first shot is March 1st at 2:00 p.m.

I spoke with my nephew earlier today. He's practiced medicine for 33 years. He says that it's very likely that this will be an annual vaccination as new strains of Covid emerge. He says he's quite certain that after this initial rollout, it'll be as simple as getting an annual flu shot. I sure hope he's right.

Update: Got jab #1 yesterday at the VA! Very well organized, took me all of 30 mins (including the 15min. observation time!). No pain at all, barely felt the needle prick! And, yes, I understand #2 may be a "butt-kicker!"
Steve, best of luck with #2. I feel your pain re: prednisone, other pain killers, muscle relaxers, etc., etc. Hang in there, get to feelin' better ASAP!! FTRPLT

It sounds like folks are gradually moving forward with getting this done. At 73 y.o. I think I’m about a month away from getting #1. I think the big issue that’s popping up here and there is states getting enough vaccine in hand to follow through with their plans. Nasty Winter weather all over these great United States isn’t helping either. Vaccination delivery has been officially paused even here in Oregon for the next few days while a snow/ice/freezing rain thing moves through.

I’ll just hunker down like I’ve been doing the past some months and stick my head out when it’s the right time. I’ll sip my tea and nibble my biscuits. Honestly, I have no problem with that. I really don’t understand the weak assed mental attitude of folks that HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. They HAVE to get their hair done...their nails glued on and painted. Bla, bla, bla! My question...for WHO? Everyone else is hunkered down too. Kids who can’t go to school are in jeopardy of being mentally disabled! Even if they’re put in danger of spreading the virus around to grandma they must go to school! Jeesh! What did pioneers do? There are and have been populations all around the globe that never get kids into a group classroom. We sponsor a little girl down in Guatamala who will likely never experience a classroom. They’re just glad to get nutritious food, clean water and appropriate medical care! It’s a perfect example of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. (Psych major here.). We’re a buncha privileged whiners if you ask me. There...got the Statler & Waldorf thing off my chest. Whew. Have a nice day.

Update: Got jab #1 yesterday at the VA! Very well organized, took me all of 30 mins (including the 15min. observation time!). No pain at all, barely felt the needle prick! And, yes, I understand #2 may be a "butt-kicker!"
Steve, best of luck with #2. I feel your pain re: prednisone, other pain killers, muscle relaxers, etc., etc. Hang in there, get to feelin' better ASAP!! FTRPLT
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday (a week late due to weather.)
My arm was slightly more sore than the first one.
I felt a little crappy in the afternoon and felt a lot crappy later. Body aches and chills.
I don't think I had a fever, but the shot site sure did. It was 102 this afternoon.
Was glad to get to bed. Getting up to pee brought on nasty chills. Each time,
I would dive under the covers and shiver. Wife stayed in bed 'til 3PM.
Starting to feel better this afternoon; still walked the dog.

Was able to set an appointment for #1 on March 6. Hoorah! Situation here for getting an appointment? Supposedly 3500 appointments available for a couple hundred thousand folks 70 and older. I did a ton of prep work to figure out the system and when the new appointments became available as of 9am I was poised just one button click away...and nailed it. Even doing that there were very few slots left. Mine is a drive through. My preference.

The missus and I head out this afternoon for #1. After fighting the Walgreens/Kroger/Walmart sites a few times I finally got a tip from a friend, called the county health department, and got us right in.