A Remote Chance to Get CV19 Vaccinated

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the wife for her first shot last night and she's not doing well this AM. Running a fever and nauseous, keeping a close eye on her.

Yes...my 30 y.o. Son received his 2nd dose and described the experience: I felt a little off after the first one but the second one kicked my butt.” He apparently spent the weekend in bed. So according to the general information out there...the vaccine worked properly. He is now +or- 95% immune. It’s a good thing.

4EAFB7DC-597E-46C8-B357-313B9C1ADB91.jpeg

Just received a phone call confirming my first shot appointment for Monday afternoon. The nurse said at that time they set the appointment for the second shot. I don't know if I was lucky but so far the scheduling in Indiana has gone pretty smoothly. I'm in a pretty rural area and they are at the 65 and older stage.

Posted on FB this morning
We have walk-in availability for the COVID vaccine today until 2:00 p.m. for any Veteran who receives care at the Columbus VA. Come to 420 N. James Road if you are interested in receiving your vaccine.

I received my first shot this afternoon. Drove up to the county health department, a guy came out before I could shut my engine off. Asked my name and birthday. Five minutes later a nurse came out and gave me my shot. Fifteen minutes later I was out of there. Arm a little sore but otherwise no reaction so far. It went way smoother than I expected.

Wife and I got the shot yesterday, appointment was for noon, got there at 11:30, it’s a Pharmacy and Supermarket she wanted to pick up a few odds and ends, sat down and waited, started people watching, dirty people, Obese women, I’m not slim but I’m clean. Young guy holding little girls hand had blue jean shorts with leather belt below his butt checks,, Black underwear, had to crab walk shorts were so low. Got the shot, arm a little sore this morning. Left and went to feed store , got back to my farm and breathed easier, DONT like to go to town.

Received Jab #2 this morning at local VA!! Barely felt anything; left arm still feels OK. Already have plans to travel to NC to see family and friends in April!! FTRPLT

Day three follow up!!! Still no side effects from second jab!!!! Yay!!!! FTRPLT

Last edited:
My younger daughter, a teacher, got her second shot yesterday. My older daughter (42) also a teacher, but on leave from the classroom, but grading national achievement tests, was informed late Wednesday to get vaccinated today at a testing site 65 miles from her home. Of course, she did.

In Today's Mpls-St.Paul Star Tribune, it was reported that thousands of Minnesotans are traveling out of state to get vaccinated in states where there's no age, prior condition or occupation pre-condition to get vaccinated.

Saturday, March 6. Got my first vaccination today. What a show. Used the Red Lot of PDX Economy Parking. It’s one if two lots there which total nearly 8,000 parking spots...so the Red Lot we used holds maybe 4,000? Totally guessing based on ground level eyeballing: About 25 rows across of cars, rolled through as a section 5 cars wide and maybe 50 cars long...so 250 cars at a time. One after the other...again and again...all day long. I read somewhere it’s in the neighborhood of 10,000 vaccinations a day. Took about 90 minutes total for my car to go through. Guessing they had like 500 attendants there directing traffic, working the computers, giving the injections. ALL upbeat and smiling and cheerful. Wow! It was all beyond impressive.

Check out the “map of the event stations” below...

AE7DFBD0-28C0-4681-BB67-68068CC0319C.jpeg

They've been doing the same thing in a stadium parking lot near me. Open 24/7 with what must be 10 lanes for getting the shot. No way was I going to sit in my car for up to 2 hrs though. What happens when you have to piss?

Got mine today at a local CVS. I had preregistered a week or so ago, so just checked in at the front and 30 min later I was coming back home.

Cheers,

RR

Lucky guy. No pharmacy linked vaccination opportunities were available here when I made my deal. I hear several are going to get it soon though. I just wanted it ASAP.

PS: my deltoid is sore already.

My wife and I got our second shot yesterday. No big deal. Today our arms are sore at the injection site. My hands hurt a lot more than they
usually do. A few more aches and pains, and very sleepy. I'm glad that it is done. Wondering if we will have to get another shot yearly like we
do with flu shots?

My wife and I got our second shot yesterday. No big deal. Today our arms are sore at the injection site. My hands hurt a lot more than they
usually do. A few more aches and pains, and very sleepy. I'm glad that it is done. Wondering if we will have to get another shot yearly like we
do with flu shots?

Seems to me I did hear that mentioned due to the new variants.

Cheers,

RR

Wife and I got the first shot March 1, second is schuled for 29th of this month. It was at a Supermarket Pharmacy, only three of us were for the shot. Our Area has been poorly served for the shot.

Wife and I got the Moderna shot March 1, next one is March 29. Got it at a Supermarket Pharmacy, only 3 of us to take it. Arm really sore for 3 days, wife had slightly sore spot. Rollout in South Louisiana is pitiful, 100 shots for a town of 15,000, not good. Watched other news, illegals marching into nice trailer like housing, while Americans
Lake Charles are living in tents after the 2 hurricanes that hit us. What a mess.

Got my 1st shot today. Pfizer. Go back in three weeks for the 2nd. Took maybe 15-20 minutes all together. The Illinois National Guard is running this one at the State Fairgrounds.