A Remote Chance to Get CV19 Vaccinated

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed. Mine is Pfizer (#2 due Saturday) and my wife’s is Moderna (#2 due April 27).

Of course mine is set for the day before Easter with a special dinner planned, yadda, yadda.

Getting my first Pfizer jab tomorrow, fingers crossed.

We're a bit behind our jabs in Aus as our federal government is absolutely woeful. They're supposed to look after quarantine and aged care but the states covered that for them in the pandemic. So they only had one job to do which was to organise the nation's vaccinations, they managed to fuck that up well and truly by putting all thier eggs in the Astra Zenecca basket and Europe refused to ship our doses to us. So a mad scramble to get any vaccination medicine into the country.

Then they hadn't thought about how it was going to be administered to the population, the states yet again have come to their aid by forging mass vaccination plans and rapidly opening large centres to do so.

The fed govt here seems to function on the idea that if you don't do anything, you can't be blamed for anything.

Well, our family of four is vaccinated. Three got Moderna (2nd shot reaction very mild in 3...significant in 1). I got the Pfizer thing and my 2nd shot reaction (on Easter Sunday) was moderate...mostly just super tired...stare at the wall for ten minutes kinda thing.

All that being said, I think Pfizer will do well by you all. Hopefully your future should look like what’s going on here now: The generally accepted USA health admin (Center for Disease Control) has proclaimed that vaccinated people can basically now go unmasked in public. Vaccinations are becoming more available and now can even be found in a great many local pharmacies...walk-in vaccinations are also available in many areas...vaccinations using Pfizer have been approved for those 12 - 16 y.o.

The thing that amazes me is that there are still so many that refuse vaccinations. I guess the earth will always be flat for some people. But Jeez...people are still contracted Covid, going to the hospital and dying from it. It’s still a disease with no cure. It’s...it’s...oh well...one of those natural selection things I guess.

Blackhorse, totally agree... adverse reactions to the vaccine occur, but at a very small percentage. Wifey and I were in line first chance we got.
Like the 'flat-earth' analogy. Oh, we're 'Moderna' people and had no reaction after jab #2. FWIW

I got my first the other day, and I was the only one there to get it. They'd closed up their little area and had to re-open it just for me, and then closed it up again when I was done. I guess no one else was scheduled? And this was at noon. I had to re-schedule my 2nd shot, and they said to not bother. Just come in anytime on that day. I could be completely wrong, but it made me think there are probably many areas sitting on vaccines with no one to take them. If true, that's sad and frustrating. This is a world thing. And if you're one to only think of economies, so many industries are based on world health. There are so many on the planet waiting for vaccines, and not just third world. With this Olympics thing in question in Japan, I've heard that only 3% of Japan is vaccinated. Canada is also at a really low vaccination percentage. Europe too, I believe. It doesn't make much sense to me that every country isn't helping every other country. A lot of the USA is based on tourism. It's in our own self-interest to get Europe and India and everywhere vaccinated. We shouldn't have to be asked. We should be proactive with it. As for those refusing, eh...it's too political to talk about here.

I don't understand the CDC thing with masks no longer being required. How is anyone going to know whether I'm vaccinated or if I'm unwilling to get vaccinated? I know there are many people who think wearing a mask AND being vaccinated is "virtue signaling", but I don't agree. Nevermind the new variants. Even without taking those into consideration, it's only neighborly to keep wearing a mask. Such a small gesture to not contribute to things being more confusing.

Yeah, a real puzzler, this whole Covid-19 thing. Funny thing, lately we've been hearing alot about the pandemic in India, but little about some other 'under-vaccinated' countries, like Canada. Haven't time to check the numbers, just interesting they're not showing pictures of cemeteries filling up out side. say, Toronto, fer'instnace.

OK, so back from my first Pfizer shot, all good here other than a few chills and hot flushes, got my next one in three weeks.

The only way I got my shot this early is my sister in law is a chaplin at one of our hospitals so she's seen as a frontline worker. As she'd been vaccinated, they went on to do the entire family living with her.

Without her, I'd still be waiting, as my age group isn't scheduled to being vaxxing till next month.

Managed to organise a shot for my daughter as well. She used my address when she booked and got in AOK. Technically a loophole as she only lives here once a month or so, but...

Sorry for my prior rant everyone, but frustration got the better of me.

And yes Zeno, as the saying goes, "We're all in this together!" so come on people let's help each other out so borders can re open and tourism/trade can get back to normal. As it stands, caravan sales are doing well in Aus.