a revalation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantiff49

Reaction score
Dear brothers.it has been awhile since i have been in the community.mostly becase of burnout of all social media,and such groups,facebook,twitter and such.i have just chose to stay off the scene.then i remembered a place that i could go with no b.s. so glad to be back.i have learnd a great deal since i was last on .i have always been a aromatic smoker but could never find any fullfilment.could never find that one brand or flavor to satisfy.so i have alwasys been on the serch.now that being said i have always throught that none aromatics where just plane awful.so i was looking at some reviews a few weeks ago and ever review i seen on boswells northwoods was great everyone just loves this stuff.so i thought what the hell i will give it a try..well apone recieving my tin,and cracked it open loaded a bowl.well guess you guys know what happend next.i couldnt put it down.and i learned there is more to smoking a pipe then just puffing on it.there is thought.and about everything the flavor reminds you of and the places it takes you.so now i have a delemia.now i don't care for my tins and pouches of aeromatics.so what should i do with them.i am glad i have crossed over now im on the serch for more english blends to try that might be as good as northwoods.i would welcome some suggestions.

I would seal them up really well in glass mason jars and store them. What will happen is that you will have a period when you are wild about a specific blend like Northwoods but eventually you will want a change of pace.  You can also use your other aro blends to make your OWN blends...add a bit or a lot to a fairly bland VA or Burley Blend to see what happens.  Lots of happy discoveries are made that way. If you dump them, give them away or sell them thet’re GONE!  

Good luck.  By the way...welcome back.  You’re right, this IS the most wonderful place ever.  :)

As far as English blends, I've been enjoying Dunhill Nightcap recently. Have never tried Boswell's Northwoods so I can't really make a comparison. Other than that I smoke mostly Virginia's. I'd say keep some of the aromatics you never know when you'll that craving for them again.

Here’s a suggestion:

Go here:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/

Do a search and pull up Northwoods.  Scroll down through the reviews and check near the bottom of each entry.  Some guys will list blends they think are similar and you can check those out.

Another way to look is to get a custom search going.

1. Click on the search tab on top
2. Under the Advanced there are 3 boxes. Right below that it says “show more search fields”. Click on that. You get a whole bunch of boxes.
3. Click on “blend type” - then select both “aromatic” and “English”
4. Go down to “Contents” and select three: Latakia, black cavendish & Virginia.
5. Then go to the bottom and hit “Search” on the left.
6.  Up pops a big list of blends.  

I do this kind of thing all the time.  Very interesting.

You can also adjust the search by selecting other things...like tobacco types you want or don’t want...the strength...added flavors...or my favorite, the average rating. I’ll often limit my searches to three and four star rated blends.

Last...I will usually pick “currently available” under Production since I don’t need to see things I can’t get.