A rock classic remade by a master

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vito

Charter member
Reaction score
It is impossible for me to adequately articulate my admiration for Jerry Douglas...one of the finest musicians on Planet Oith. He just ROCKS!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F_WzLzlm2NU" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

newjok10.png

That was great Veet. Outstanding pickin'/fiddlin'/sax blowin'. Just a great arrangement. Thanks for posting. Looks like I need to check out more of Jerry Douglas!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":8xrrmfc3 said:
...Looks like I need to check out more of Jerry Douglas!

RR
RR: Everybody wants Jerry to play on their tracks. He has played on more than 2,000 albums. You've prolly heard his work without knowing it was him. If there's a more accomplished, more versatile, more profoundly listenable dobro player in the world, I don't know who it is...and there are some flat-out awesome dobro players.

But it's not just his virtuosity, by which I mean his bitchin'ly awesome chops. He's the most musical player I've ever heard...on almost any instrument. His sense of rhythm, his melodic leads and solos, his background textures and vibes...you could make a study of his work and never not learn something new.  :mrgreen:

Check out his work with Alison Krauss and Union Station. Incredibly good stuff.

newjok10.png