A sad day in Blighty

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that last night. Terrible. My sympathies to all involved.

Quite a venue for such expression.

No cheers.

Truly tragic.

Can't help but wonder what the travel ban opponents throughout the globe truly think about this?

That was really awful. I don't know how you prevent these kind of attacks, short of good intelligence and follow-up. I immediately thought of my little granddaughter and should she go to a concert one day. What a bunch of savages.

riff raff":helvwu52 said:
That was really awful.  I don't know how you prevent these kind of attacks, short of good intelligence and follow-up...
You end regimes that sponsor jihad, summarily and by any means. We'd still be fighting WW II if we had had "leaders" like the ones today. As things are, expect more...forever.

Richard Burley":if7r8b5a said:
riff raff":if7r8b5a said:
That was really awful.  I don't know how you prevent these kind of attacks, short of good intelligence and follow-up...
You end regimes that sponsor jihad, summarily and by any means. We'd still be fighting WW II if we had had "leaders" like the ones today. As things are, expect more...forever.
Such are the ways of humans. Once, aggression was used to acquire resources. That was dangerous enough. Now, it seems that ideology is motivation for violence, and while you can give a man resources to curb his appetite, changing his beliefs is a more difficult task.

Sooner or later a firm united stance will have to be taken by the majority to settle things.

But, by the numbers, we may be outnumbered. History will be our judge. Whether heroes or villains will depend on the writers.

As bad as it was truth is and I know I am speaking blunt so bear with me. God is in control and when he says come home it don't matter what your doing your going home, so live your life enjoy it, with all the blessings on this amazing earth and the people around you live like tommarow was your last day and don't worry about dieing or live in fear. God holds you in his hands and is the only thing fear fears it's self.

I absolutely abhor religion. This tragedy just boggles my mind.

Fatman":3g00lues said:
I absolutely abhor religion. This tragedy just boggles my mind.
I'm with you John. I'm afraid if I replied to Arky's post freely, flicking the safety catch off so to speak, I may loose a lot of friends on the BoB.

Nothing personal Arky old chap, and I do agree with you when you promote enjoying life the fullest each and every day we can. I've lost count of how many times I've said that to my children over the past few months... but for the sake of harmony on this wonderful board, let's leave it there.

I quickly checked with my/our family in Chester to make sure all were OK and safe. We do visit Manchester (fly in there also) when we go over for a visit. How awful. The day of reckoning is coming! FTRPLT

I'm not here to offend trust me but at the same time I just believe everything happens good and bad for a reason. And the reason is decided by God.

ftrplt":s1f4f2j9 said:
I quickly checked with my/our family in Chester to make sure all were OK and safe. We do visit Manchester (fly in there also) when we go over for a visit. How awful. The day of reckoning is coming! FTRPLT
Chester's only an hour north from me; lovely town.  It seems that the most likely victims would be teenagers, most especially girls, and their parents.  A tragic story came to light today of a mother who was desperately searching the local hospitals for her daughter before finally accepting the awful truth that she'd lost her child. I'm glad your family are safe.

My thoughts have been with you guys the last couple of days Stick, I'm still stunned by the news. As always a huge thank you to the emergency crews and involved. 

Definitely no cheers. 

Tim

Been desperately trying to find words for this. Simply stunned by such stupidity and callous indifference. My thoughts and prayers go to the families of course. Such needless loss. Sigh

Jim