A sad day in Blighty

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And so it continues. Only a few weeks after Manchester London gets targetted (again).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/07/london-bridge-attack-last-of-eight-victims-identified-as-xavier-thomas

This method of using a moving vehicle as a weapon and then stabbing whilst on foot will likely become a preferred terror method due to the limited planning required and resulting small footprint.

The BBC World Service this morning also reported that the Taliban are becoming reestablished in Afghanistan.

And so it continues.

Is it me, or does it seem Afghanistan is a seedbed, or touchstone, for such extremists? If I recall my history correctly, every major power that has tried to eliminate resistance from said extremists has been stymied by that region. Perhaps something to do with the Anunnaki?

Ozark Wizard":dp4dlfgm said:
Is it me, or does it seem Afghanistan is a seedbed, or touchstone, for such extremists? If I recall my history correctly, every major power that has tried to eliminate resistance from said extremists has been stymied by that region. Perhaps something to do with the Anunnaki?
If I recall my history correctly the Russians failed despite deploying troops in their millions. Quite what we thought we were going to achieve with a mere fraction of that figure is beyond me. And guess what... now that we've retired the Taliban are returning. Now you didn't need to be Columbo to see that coming.

Saw a map, the other day, showing all the terrorist attacks in Europe over the last 10 or so years. Interestingly pretty much every country had been touched, except one...

Poland.

It's my understanding that they have not accepted any of the immigrants coming from countries with known terrorist activity.

I know, I know, one of those things we're not supposed to talk about... Politically incorrect and all. :roll:

Bonanzadriver":9h8hxmj0 said:
I know, I know, one of those things we're not supposed to talk about...  Politically incorrect and all.  :roll:
In this case, it shouldn't be discussed because it's factually inaccurate.

Poland did not take an anti-refugee stance from many (not all) terror-affiliated places until two-three years ago...so any maps from the past decade take into account a period during which a majority years these particular refugees were accepted. Further complicating the thing is that Poland's numbers can be hard to navigate and that may skew the source material - the official "refugee" count from terror-affiliated places does look much lower than other European countries, granted; but they have several classifications of refugee and asylum statuses which are more reflective of the actual intake.

They've also taken in a significant number of refugees from Chechnya...although that region isn't on the West's radar as much as it used to be, it still drives its share of terror incidents in central and eastern Europe.

Summary: Yes, Poland is someone unique in that his been largely spared incidents of terror - no disagreement there. I have no idea why that is, but the facts and numbers would indicate that it's not for the reasons you're implying.

idbowman":3vvjf9lv said:
Bonanzadriver":3vvjf9lv said:
I know, I know, one of those things we're not supposed to talk about...  Politically incorrect and all.  :roll:

Poland did not take an anti-refugee stance from many (not all) terror-affiliated places until two-three years ago...so any maps from the past decade take into account a period during which a majority years these particular refugees were accepted.  Further complicating the thing is that Poland's numbers can be hard to navigate and that may skew the source material - the official "refugee" count from terror-affiliated places does look much lower than other European countries, granted; but they have several classifications of refugee and asylum statuses which are more reflective of the actual intake.

They've also taken in a significant number of refugees from Chechnya...although that region isn't on the West's radar as much as it used to be, it still drives its share of terror incidents in central and eastern Europe.  

Summary:  Yes, Poland is someone unique in that his been largely spared incidents of terror - no disagreement there.  I have no idea why that is, but the facts and numbers would indicate that it's not for the reasons you're implying.
This is a document that I often cite in the course of my work and it supports the assertion that Poland has been spared any terrorist activity (yet).

http://economicsandpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Global-Terrorism-Index-2016.2.pdf

If I recall correctly, the UK was ranked 28th in 2015 and now it's 34th for 2016. Recon that recent events might change that somewhat.

I cannot speak for why Poland is being spared.

And not to alarm anyone, but so far, the attacks, well, lack imagination....

Just sayin'.

Sure, the attacks those who would be terrorists would claim credit for are horrendous. But they are committed by minions. More than likely by their own design, as a real intelligent and rational terrorist would not stoop to such haphazard and lowly methods as have been demonstrated.

Got a passport? Tired of the Status Quo? Wanna do something about it? Graphically? Make a real impression? Wanna die doing it?

Ripe for the picking, you are.... Make a move, follow through, and whatever the action, some organization will take credit for it (if it follows their propaganda).

If the plan is to keep humanity divided, it's going quite swimmingly!

I'll have to follow up on the Rubber Room thread to go farther. About how Ideology has become the scapegoat for poor behavior and careful manipulation....:twisted:

Only ideology of the otherworldly variety could convince men to fly planes into skyscrapers or detonate a suicide vest with themselves in it. I just can't think of another motivating factor that would work, mainly because there isn't one. I can concoct an imaginary scenario for an individual man, I suppose, but nothing widespread. We are looking at the cold, dead hand of a dark, pre-Enlightenment age reaching into the 21st century. And we react with teddy bears, candlelight vigils, and that all-purpose condolence--bada-bing!--THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

Thoughts and prayers have yet to turn back the clock and restore what was. 'All the king's horses, and all the king's men' have not only failed to reconstruct Humpty Dumpty, but to stop those pushing him off the wall. Ideology is not something you can fence, burn, or put a flag on. Actions most foul and deeds so dark are required at some point to stop those doing actions most foul and deeds so dark. Either that or hide, hope and pray you and yours do not become prey.

And there is the rub. At what point does Superman decide to stop the bad guy with extreme prejudice? How far will we acquiesce and apply our most judicious and merciful doctrines to salve our wounds before we finally get up off the deck and say enough?

Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...... Perhaps we do have 'this coming'. I personally don't have enough real raw data to form educated hypotheses, I'm subject to the same propaganda as the rest of you, that we are fed by the news.

Time to feed the animals, and listen to the birds laugh... I'm sure that in that time someone will kill someone else for something. That seems to be a popular pastime for humans.

idbowman":21h81d5s said:
Bonanzadriver":21h81d5s said:

Poland did not take an anti-refugee stance from many (not all) terror-affiliated places until two-three years ago...so any maps from the past decade take into account a period during which a majority years these particular refugees were accepted.  Further complicating the thing is that Poland's numbers can be hard to navigate and that may skew the source material - the official "refugee" count from terror-affiliated places does look much lower than other European countries, granted; but they have several classifications of refugee and asylum statuses which are more reflective of the actual intake.

Summary:  Yes, Poland is someone unique in that his been largely spared incidents of terror - no disagreement there.  I have no idea why that is, but the facts and numbers would indicate that it's not for the reasons you're implying.

Let me get this straight. Because it might not fit nicely into the Group Think De Jour (political correctness) It shouldn't be discussed????

Or because You deem it so it shouldn't be?

I'm fine with you not agreeing with me. Hell, I really don't care if you do. But it really rubs me the wrong way when you, or anyone else for that matter, take it upon themselves to Tell others what they should be saying or thinking.

And for the record brutha, ain't nuthin political about this! It's all a matter of common sense and common courtesy.

As to the narrative you're purporting.... I don't agree with it. It definitely smacks of the MSM bias and talking points. But, hey, say or believe whatever you want. Not my place to Tell you otherwise.

No one was telling you what to do, man.  I was just pointing out that the reason we aren't "supposed to talk about it" ("it" meaning Poland and Poland, alone) had nothing to do with be being PC but with the actual facts.  I feel the same way you do about political correctness, and I'm not pushing any narrative - I said myself that I agree that Poland is unique and I have no idea why that is.  Frankly, if this were any other western country, I agree with you.  But I'm a data guy - and the numbers don't back that conclusion up in Poland.  At least not the numbers I can see.  That's all - I didn't intend for anything else to be read into that.

idbowman":f9m1o2cg said:
No one was telling you what to do, man.  I was just pointing out that the reason we aren't "supposed to talk about it" ("it" meaning Poland and Poland, alone) had nothing to do with be being PC but with the actual facts.  I feel the same way you do about political correctness, and I'm not pushing any narrative - I said myself that I agree that Poland is unique and I have no idea why that is.  Frankly, if this were any other western country, I agree with you.  But I'm a data guy - and the numbers don't back that conclusion up in Poland.  At least not the numbers I can see.  That's all - I didn't intend for anything else to be read into that.

Well idb,

I appreciate your explanation. I do respectfully completely disagree with you that "the numbers don't back it up"!

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/19/5-facts-about-the-muslim-population-in-europe/

Poland's muslim population is 0.1% ! 1/10th of 1% ! This coupled with the fact that 71% of their citizens don't want muslim immigrants lends itself to the fact that they are not experiencing radical muslim terrorist attacks.

Very senseless acts of violence in England.
I hope there is no more.

Take a minute and Google Winston Churchill's thoughts on Islam written 70 years ago...he predicted much of what is happening now and was pretty spot on in his observations of that religion. Sorry I didnt post a link.

Stick...sending positive thoughts to you and your country from afar.

Psmith":a7ev23n0 said:
...Churchill's thoughts on Islam written 70 years ago...he predicted much of what is happening now and was pretty spot on in his observations of that religion...
He had Nazism pegged before most, and the same with Islam. Churchill was a great man, pretty much the last. Today, we're surrounded by homunculi as "leaders." Must be something in the water. Either that, or the West has a collective death wish.

Bonanzadriver":p64hojnm said:
Well idb,

I appreciate your explanation.  I do respectfully completely disagree with you that "the numbers don't back it up"!

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/19/5-facts-about-the-muslim-population-in-europe/

Poland's muslim population is 0.1% !   1/10th of 1% !  This coupled with the fact that 71% of their citizens don't want muslim immigrants lends itself to the fact that they are not experiencing radical muslim terrorist attacks.

I read a few articles that put the those numbers a fair bit higher (keep in mind that Pew data is from '10). The point the articles were making was essentially that the reported Muslim population in Poland appears smaller than it actually is because of the way they (the Pols) don't report all classifications of immigrants/refugees in their population totals. I'll try to track them back down and post a link. If I can't find them (or if they've been debunked) and your numbers hold, then I'd owe another apology.

Idb,

No apologies necessary.

I guess in all of this, nowadays with all the online experts and distorted mainstream media, I would like to see folks step away from the myopic viewpoint occasionally and take in the big picture.

All of the hyperbole surrounding this is really folks majoring on the minors.

In the big picture of this all is the sad fact that many muslims can't get along with one another (think Sunni and shia) let alone with much of the rest of the world. Tack onto this the mindless mantra's being repeated about it being a religion of peace, blah, blah, blah.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a live and let live sorta guy and don't have an axe to grind with any religion and certainly wouldn't seek to bar someone from legally entering our country. But I have serious heartburn with these "turning a blind eye" policies put in place by the previous regime, failing to vet the so called political refugees and willy nilly allowing virtual armies of able bodied men to pour over the borders.

Polands obvious lower population statistics, along with the others referenced in the previous links, lend themselves to pretty simple conclusions... Reduce the number of extremists allowed to enter your country, reduce the associated violence.

I guess the thing I'd like to see in all of this discussion is for us to be able to look at things logically, rationally and objectively, political correctness be damned, and call it like it is.