a sad loss from my cellar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxman

Reaction score
Back in October I was briefly back in the UK and was able to pick up some jars and tins from my stock in the garden shed there.

At the time I found an open tin of Exhausted Rooster. The tobacco was ok but i thought it would be better to stick it in a jar and bring it back here to Tanzania.

Today i was going through my stocks and was alarmed to see that the Jar of ER was absolutely heaving with mould :(

Really disappointing - should have just kept it in the tin ... unfortunately it is so bad the whole lot has been consigned to the bin. what a disaster, it was a 2011 tin so should have been a delight.

Depressed by this but at least i also had some good news --- see my other post in the DIY section :)

Do you think something in the jar caused the mold? I always run my jars thru the dishwasher before packing them with tobacco. Shame you lost your ER after so much aging :( :( FTRPLT

Ouch! Thats a tough one Brendenall that aging lost what a shame. At least your homebrew came out without a hitch.

Jim

DoverPipes":618lba6e said:
"C&D Mold Fairy" strikes again!!!! :evil:
Actually it was fine in the tin...probably my fault for sticking it in a jar I hadn't sterilised :(