A seat with a view

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
I've been a little more quiet on the BoB recently as I've been essentially 'off grid', spending some much needed time with my family. This is the reason I chose not the fly this month's bombing mission.

We spent this Easter with my in-laws in southern Snowdonia, whose house is situated in a magnificent position overlooking the Mawddach estuary and the Irish Sea.  The weather was glorious with the first truly warm days of our summer with uninterrupted blue skies.  The children, for all intents and purposes, turned feral, making dens, scrambling up and down rocks, damming little streams, stalking various animals, indeed doing all the things I believe youngsters should be doing and not a screen / device to be seen.  

The in-law's home also happens to be surrounded by prime welsh sheep farming country.  I'm usually the first to rise in the morning and I drank the first coffee of the day perched on a rock a little way from the house soaking up the magnificent scenery.  Each morning during this coffee, Gyndaff, the neighbouring sheep farmer, stopped for a chat during his early morning rounds on his quad bike.  A welsh chap through and through I always greet him with a few pleasantries in Welsh - when in Rome... - and this is always well received.  A kindly soul I've known him for 20 or so years now, and his observations on the local wildlife are always fascinating, 'Do you know, Stick, the cuckoo has arrived on exactly the same day as last year...'  Courtesy of Gwndaff and his son, my children watched wide eyed for the first time a lamb being born; something I'm sure they'll remember for a long time to come.

Naturally, with the children off re-enacting a land based Swallows and Amazons, I've been able to enjoy a pipe or two.  So, this is where I've been sat enjoying a bowl of RDF in various cobs and reflecting on life in general.

Taking time to appreciate life, nature, one's mental well-being need never be followed by apology. Beautiful stuff. Always glad when someone enjoys life. :cheers:

A fabulous view and time to unwind sounds great. Enjoy the break with family and friends.

Looks like home to me! Nice you and yours got a chance to escape the confines of the city lights. Hopefully you got some stargazing in!

Quite the view there mate! Always brings joy to my heart to see such beauty and that you get to take the time to sit there and soak that in while you relax with a pipe is just one of the most wonderful things to me. Enjoy my friend you certainly deserve it.

Jim

That sounds bloody awful Stick. :)

Need to do similar with my wee ones next break I get from work and I’m loving that view mate.