A special occasion

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
So, I’ve just retired after a period of quiet contemplation and a most enjoyable smoke whilst sat outside.

The ‘shire was at its best this evening. The day was breathing its last few sighs and a calmness descended. A washed-out canvas sky interrupted by pastel clouds played host to our trans-continental voyagers. Weighing only about 20 grams the swallows and swifts fidgeted about their domain, greedily feeding upon the object of their travels. Other birds were present too noticeable by the symphony of bird song, the blackbirds and robins the lead soloists. Heads hung low, the cows in the field in front of my house were quietly shuffling along, unaware of my family’s cat watching them sail by. My chosen pipe was my Growley Rhodie and inspired by Jim’s review of the McC’s 40th I plumped for a bowl of RC 5100. I must have packed and sipped well for, lost in my thoughts, the bowl played out for a little over an hour.

And the special occasion? Quite simply this… that I was able to enjoy this evening. Yup, I’m a lucky boy.

Congrats on a perfect evening! It's easy to forget that it's the little moments that make up Life. Enjoy then when they present themselves!

Looks like all the planets aligned for you mate. Seems you slipped into the occasional nirvana that we all seek. Love the way you painted the picture, like I was there as well. Very descriptive and well worded.

And the pipe and 'baccy sounds like a perfect match. Well done.

8)

Cheers,

RR

Absolutely wonderful! I can see it! Cherish those moments we should, and it sounds like you were spot on........

Cheers!

Well my friend, you have described so well a perfect evening. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. May we all enjoy it as well.

Regards,
Hutch

Glad you were able to put recent events behind and find a moment that reaffirms you are on the right path. Enjoy those moments as they are too fleeting.

Jim