A surprise gift

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mel64us

Reaction score
About 13 or 14 years ago, I was picking up a few tins in a B&M in central Illinois. A nicely dressed gentleman was looking at pipes and tobaccos. He said he used to smoke pipes but had smoked cigars only for a few years. He wanted to take up the pipe again and asked my opinion about several blends. A few weeks later, same B&M, same gent. He asked me about a short, bent bulldog by Karl Erik. " Would you smoke a pipe like this", he asked. I said I would and it looked a nice pocket pipe. He checked out. A few minutes later, I took my selections up to pay and the clerk started to pit the Karl Erik pipe in my bag. I told him it was a mistake. He told me the other gent paid for it in appreciation for my jelp a few weeks prior.
I still smoke that pipe regularly and thik about those two chance meetings. I never saw him again to thank him for his kindness.

I'm sure quite a few of us have a good remembrance such as yours. Only way to repay such a kindness is to do the same for someone else. "Paying it forward" works in so many respects!! :cheers: FTRPLT

FTRPLT, I have paid it forward a couple of times. It feels good to bless someone else.

A lovely dit, Mel and I'm sure it warms the soul each time you smoke that pipe.

The chaps on here regularly engage in such dastardly antics. If you haven't seen it already, check out the latest Bombing Squadron's mission in the Community in Action section of this board...