A Thank You From My Heart!!!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regor

Reaction score
I don't know how to start or to how to say this so I'll just dive in. In todays mail was a package from Tinsky's. I thought what in the world is this. I know I didn't order anything and neither did my wife. I opened it and inside was the forum pipe with a short but powerful note. I wanted the forum pipe but as you know the problems that came up has left us in a bad way money wise.. My wife is getting better slowly and has been cleared for part time work, 4&1/2 hours a day as long as it doesn't feel bad or have another attack. The meds that she has to take plus mine has really put a stop on me buying anything extra. Thank God I have enough in the "cellar" to last a pretty good while.
The note in the box said from the guys at BoB. This was right on time so to speak. I can't think of the words to say Thank You enough. It was truely an act of generosity(sp) that made me feel so good and grateful and I want to Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It truely made me feel good and picked up my spirits. It is exactly the pipe that I would have picked out myself. I can't Thank You enough for this. May God Bless each and everyone of you. My first bowl will be Marlin Flake and then 2015 in your Honor along witth a prayer of Thanks. What a great thing for you to do and one that I will not forget. BLESS YOU!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wow, very cool regor and very cool to the person/people that did it! Wasn't me but damn cool gesture.

Glad to hear the wife is well enough to work. I had been wondering about how you folks were doing. These surprises in the mail can sure brighten a person's day. :sunny:

God bless you too Roger. This pipe is a great way of recognising your strength & devotion during these difficult weeks. My hat off to the gentlemen responsible. True gentlemen. I'm honoured to be associated with this forum.

That was a very classy act,whoever is responsible. :sunny:

Winslow

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."

I was up to my limit in bad news today when I saw this wonderful news. Real generosity of spirit like this lifts up the giver, the receiver, and anyone who hears of it. Made my day.

Good for you Roger and the person who gifted you this special pipe. Always thinking of you and your wife. All the best.

Your friend,

Paul :D

Very very cool Roger! May God bless you and your wife not to mention the ring leader of such generosity. And Lord, please bless the hands that carved that pipe! May the pipe bring joy and pleasure for many years to come!

Just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for the generousity and kind words. They really do help a lot.

You are not going to believe this. I hardly do and I was there. Yesterday at about 2:45 as my wife was getting ready to come home, she tripped over a box and took a nasty fall. When she fell she put her hand out to break the fall, a normal reaction. Her hand went into a cardboard box and severly dislocated her middle finger with a nasty little cut. I had to take her to the hospital. They did fix it up but her middle finger is sticking up all the time now.. You know this had to hurt but the thing that got her the most is she was embaressed about it. The pills took care of the rest. She says that everytime we turn around she hurts herself and cost us a heck of a lot of money. I told her not to worry about it because I wasn't done irritating her so she has to stay around for a lot longer. Boy, when it rains it pours. She is still going in to work today for the 471/2 hrs. She hurt her right hand and she is left handed so it won't be to bad at all. After I take her to work this AM I am coming back for a bowl out of that great new pipe. I will sure let you know about that LOL. I sure hope she has a good day and no more accidents. Other than that everything seems to be great. Thanks again for the pipe and all the great thoughts and prayers - Roger

Carlos":q3qg9qx2 said:
Oh my gosh. Roger, ask her to slow down a bit. Give her big hugs.

I do try to do that but she has to take a lot of prednizone(sp) and it makes her grumpy as hell sometimes. Her moods go back and forth all the time. She'll stay on it for a few more months but is very gradually coming down. Late november is the target time to be off it.. She has to take 14 or 15 pills a day. Our house looks like the pharnacy sometimes.. We both still feel lucky to be here and do try to enjoy life while we can LOL. It sure is an adventure :affraid: :sunny: :cyclops: :lol!:

This sure is a great smoking pipe and its brought good luck to me LOL. Its been 1&1/2 days with nothing going wrong. The wife's hand is healing up just like they said it would. The huge change in our diet is starting to work well and things are starting to settle in and even out LOL. The pipe has helped in keeping me more relaxed. It sure was a great thing to have happen!!!

Wonderful! I'm so glad that you had such an uplifting gift come your way.

More importantly, it's even better that your wife is improving. I've tried to remember you both in my prayers and will continue to do so.