A world turned upside down

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The breathing tube is out! She's very confused and weak though. She is following comands and knows her name and birthdate. She is talking in just the barest whisper. So things are looking up. We will see how shes doing in the morning.

Jim

huffelpuff":6mb1pz6w said:
The breathing tube is out! She's very confused and weak though. She is following comands and knows her name and birthdate. She is talking in just the barest whisper. So things are looking up. We will see how shes doing in the morning.

Jim
That's very encouraging Jim. Small steps to be sure, but positive news!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Glad to hear there was some positive news! Hopefully the improvements will continue at a good rate

Late Tuesday after we left they had to reintubate her and sedate her again. She was working way to hard to breathe. Her resperation rate was 40 per minute! This morning they stopped the sedation and pulled the tube again. Today though shes able to at least talk some. She is still very weak and will need physical and occupational therapy to get back to normal. It also hasn't hit her that shes been there 10 days already. She has been getting her dialysis treatments and has started therapy so things are definitely looking up. Will keep you guys posted. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for her!

Jim

Jim,
My wife and I will be praying intently for your daughter and the lot of your family as well!
Zach

I just read HP’s posts, one after the other to my wife. It scared me all over again. Her voice was cracking and her eyes were welling up by the time I was done. When our daughter was five she got a scratch on her finger that turned into a staff infection overnight. One emergency surgery and five days in the hospital later we got to take her home. One time my son had a stomach ache for a week (he was grown and lived in an apartment). I went and got him one night and dragged him to the ER. After some dufus ER Doctor told us to go home, that he was OK after looking at an X-ray, I insisted they go the extra step and do the MRI. Yep...he had critical Appendicitis and was in surgery an hour later. Jeez! Stuff like that changes you. You realize how friggin’ lucky you are. We’re praying hard that your girl is as lucky as we were.

Got to spend the day with her yesterday. She is looking so much better. She still has a hard time talking from all the swelling from the breathing tube. She is in good spirits and is smiling and laughing. They are waiting for a room to open on the upper floor. Getting her out of the ICU is the first step to getting her home. She is doing well with her PT so far and should be allowed to eat soon. They still have no clue what caused the problem but I'm guessing there will now be a plethora of new meds to deal with.

I can't express how grateful I am to have so much support from everyone here. Thank you all.

Jim

That's great news, Jim. Getting out of ICU will make everyone feel a bit more normal.

ANSWERED PRAYERS!!! I’m so very happy to hear that!!! My wife and I will continue praying!!!
Zach

My best wishes to you and your daughter, Jim. Glad she has improved.

huffelpuff":0a3uh30s said:
Got to spend the day with her yesterday. She is looking so much better. She still has a hard time talking from all the swelling from the breathing tube. She is in good spirits and is smiling and laughing. They are waiting for a room to open on the upper floor. Getting her out of the ICU is the first step to getting her home. She is doing well with her PT so far and should be allowed to eat soon. They still have no clue what caused the problem but I'm guessing there will now be a plethora of new meds to deal with.

I can't express how grateful I am to have so much support from everyone here. Thank you all.

Jim
This is tremendous new Jim. Thanks for sharing, and may her full and complete recovery proceed asap.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

They finally got her a room upstairs this afternoon. The caseworker is getting things set up so that when the hospital gets around to discharging her she will go to inpatient rehab. That's supposed to be anything from 5 days to 2 weeks depending on how she does. Of course when they will discharge her to rehab is still a mystery but it's another step forward.

You guys are the best! Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Jim