A world turned upside down

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear of everything you and your family are going through, Jim. Here's to more good news and moving forward towards a speedy recovery!

Wow Jim, so sorry to hear about your poor daughter.
I missed this thread until just now. It was a shock to read your first post but at least it appears she is improving.
It is terribly stressful having a child in hospital, my oldest son has done that to us a number of times with a collapsed lung twice and a host of other issues.
I will be thinking of you and your family and wish your daughter a full and speedy recovery.

Jim, I am happy to hear your daughter is on the mend & I hope she recovers fully. I am sorry you've been going through this.

Thoughts and prayers your way brother.

Chris

Well another surgery today. They put in a main line access to make dialysis easier for her as they still are not happy with how her A/V fistula has developed over the last 4 or 5 years. She has lots of little veins in her arms because of all the IV lines and blood draws etc etc. The renal Dr wants them tied off so the fistula will develop the Vein Dr keeps telling them if they tie them off she WILL lose that arm. So temporary access to let it develop more. The good news is she has improved enough that they no longer think she needs inpatient rehab! So she could be coming home by the weekend if we are lucky. She will still need outpatient rehab but the hospital here can do that. Again she has beaten the odds. I thank you all for that as I know it’s because so many people are supporting her with prayers and good wishes. You guys are amazing and I thank you!

Jim

Thanks for the update and pleased things are steadily improving.

huffelpuff":up2tf9jt said:
The good news is she has improved enough that they no longer think she needs inpatient rehab! So she could be coming home by the weekend if we are lucky.

Jim
Now that's wonderful news indeed!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":5sigr65x said:
huffelpuff":5sigr65x said:
The good news is she has improved enough that they no longer think she needs inpatient rehab! So she could be coming home by the weekend if we are lucky.

Jim
RR

Absolutely...we’re pulling for all you folks.

If we had a PO box or other address we’d all likely send her get well cards, etc. (And maybe even a little purple stuffed unicorn.) lol

Blackhorse":ynzinq9b said:
Brewdude":ynzinq9b said:
huffelpuff":ynzinq9b said:

Jim
RR

Absolutely...we’re pulling for all you folks.

If we had a PO box or other address we’d all likely send her get well cards, etc. (And maybe even a little purple stuffed unicorn.) lol
I second this! Great idea BH!

Zach

Cripes Jim, that sounds epic.

Warm thoughts coming your way to your family.

Kindest regards,

Stick.

Wow,

Just came in on this post. I hope you're daughter continues to recover.Praying for her tonight.

She is on her way home tonight! I'll have to make some adjustments to the walker(zimmer frame) so it fits her right. Then the real fun starts. Dr appointments left, right and center. All on top of her regular appointments and dialysis. All in all quite happy even if I don't have answers yet. Yes I'll pm BH contact info for those that want it. Thank you guys from the bottom of my curmudgeonly heart.

Jim

OK YOU LUBBERS...I HAVE THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS IN HAND. LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD.

<h3 class="post-content">MERCY BOMBING MISSION</h3>
Here’s the deal. I’m going to order a Beanie Baby animal from Amazon. It’s gonna cost me between $5 and $10. I’m going to have it sent to the hufflepuff girl at their home address. I’m also going to send her a get well card. But that’s just me. The stuffed animal thing is the “project” item.

To take part, send me a PM saying you want in and I’ll send you the address...and list your name here as a participant in this mission of mercy.

I’m thinking if we all (or maybe it’ll be just ME) order on the same day they should arrive close to the same time, etc. That would be cool.

So I’ll start the Mercy Bombing Roster...

1. Blackhorse
2. ontariopiper
3. Ozark Wizard
4. Brewdude
5. fsu92john
6. DrT999
7. DrumsandBeer
8. Oxman
9. Mozjo33
10. Commander Kaitlyn
11. MichaelM

NOTE: ALL FUTURE MERCY MISSION POSTS WILL BE MADE ON THE ACTUAL MISSION THREAD...

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t36417-mercy-bombing-mission-sick-kid

A date has been selected for ordering your beanie baby to be sent to Katie.

Go here (link below) for all future Mercy Mission posts, info, results, etc.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t36417-mercy-bombing-mission-sick-kid#511777