About done with this one

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
This poor cob has served me well. It is starting to develop quite a split in it. It has been a work horse the last six weeks getting at least one smoke a day every day, more often than not two or three smokes a day. It has been my field pipe and has served well. Glad it's only a few dollars to replace it.
20201021_180200.jpg

Get yourself a Charles Towne Cobbler!! You'll love it!!!!!
I can second that. I have a number of MM cobs and the Charles Towne Cobbler is far and away the best. I liked it so much I bought a second.

Would any collection really be complete without one? It really is a great cob. My cobs do get a lot of abuse in the field, dropped, stuck in a pocket then accidently sat on, etc.
20201022_191045.jpg

This poor cob has served me well. It is starting to develop quite a split in it.
How about some Titebond Premium wood glue and an overnight clamping?
Because it's unfinished, I assume you bought it here?
Aristocob

Last edited:
I prefer the large bowl Mark Twain with an acrylic replacement stem. Bought these on Ebay. I did have to do some filing/sanding for fit.

5 acrylic stems

s-l1600.jpg

There are much cheaper acrylic stems, similarly shaped but all black from China, also on Ebay.

If it's cracked too badly, I'd toss it and get a new one. I have several Cobblers and an Emerald that I like a lot. When my corn cob pipes start to crack, I fill them with all-purpose plastic wood. A flat toothpick works fine for application. Then I will stain the area with a Minwax Wood Finish stain marker. Usually use Early American color, or Light Oak stain. ;)