About FVF.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regor

Reaction score
When you buy this blend do you get the tins or the bulk? :bounce: :sunny:

I've only bought the tin. Tastes great, but needed lots of drying out.

-Andrew

i've had both, but oddly enough, prefer the tin over bulk (it just seems easy to manage as the bulk seems to be thicker and harder to rub out).

Thanks guys!! I know what I'll do now beside wait for the refund check to get here LMAO :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

IHT":3slelse5 said:
i've had both, but oddly enough, prefer the tin over bulk (it just seems easy to manage as the bulk seems to be thicker and harder to rub out).
Yes, I like the tinned version better, too. I also think it tastes better.

I've been smoking a lot of FVF lately, and have been going back and forth between the tinned and bulk about 50G at a time. The tinned seems more refined, the sweetness comes through much more and it is easier to work with. The bulk is definitely cut thicker and has a more raw element to the taste and is less sweet, tasting chewier and bolder. I've noticed that the bulk tends to have much more crystalization to it (looks like bloom on a cigar, but is definitely crystaline in nature). They are absolutely different and both are worth cellaring.

Puff Daddy":6fdwwf58 said:
The tinned seems more refined, the sweetness comes through much more
Yes!

Puff Daddy":6fdwwf58 said:
I've noticed that the bulk tends to have much more crystalization to it (looks like bloom on a cigar, but is definitely crystaline in nature).
Not in my case, but I don't buy the bulk very often. I also suspect that there will differences in bulks bought from different vendors due to time in stock and storage conditions. My limited experience (I mostly buy the tinned version) tells me that the taste, look, and feel of the tinned version is much more consistent than the bulk (duh!). In the past, it was the lack of uniformity of the bulk that turned me almost exclusively to tins.

This seems to be a common aspect to most, if not all, tin vs bulk comparisons that I've made...

Thanks folks
I have never tried it
on my next order I will have to break down and order a tin and some bulk

Watch out if I dont like it it will be going to someone lol

I buy FVF by the tin. Just a wonderful tobacco, I've got several tins in the cellar, it will be interesting to see what happens in a few years...

Wet Dottle":puhbo8hr said:
Not in my case.
My last couple of bulk buys (over a span of several months) came from smokingpipes.com and the stuff was quite crystalized, like it had a whole lot of age on it. A friend who smoked some of it thought it was some of the finest, funkiest FVF he'd ever smoked. I sort of like the tinned better, but the bulk is nice when something meatier is desired.