About to go Apple

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I've been using my Android based Nexus 7 for everything I do online, all site access here, etc. for several years. It has generally provided stellar service. Now however it's getting a bit long in the tooth, as they say. The battery is glitchy, the page orientation control sticks, etc., etc., etc. Just a bunch of annoying stuff.

So this Christmas I'm replacing it. Likely with an Apple iPad Air 2 running iOS 8 with 32 GB. The Android option would likely be the Samsung Galaxy Note S2 (I think that's right). But currently the much larger Air 2 is a little over $350, which is good and has higher benchmarks than most of the competition... especially for anywhere close to the same cost.

My only concern is compatibility. Sure, I understand that some folks like Windows, some like Android and some are in the Orchard. That's all well and good...but I don't care. I just want to be sure that the Apple iOS 8 and maybe iOS 10 has no compatibility issues with this site...etc.

Anyone have any direct experience with this ?

Thanks.

I've used both iPhones and iPads on this site using iOS 8-10 with no problems whatsoever. Once you get used to how Safari woks, its a pretty decent platform IMO. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A that has been spectacular for just about everything. Either one will be compatible with this site.