Acid reflux question when smoking cigars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmen84

Reaction score
I have a question about cigar smoking I have severe acid reflux and I smoke a cigar every now and then which is very enjoyable I also smoke pipes as well. My concern is every time I smoke a cigar because of the acid reflux the cigar gets wet and soggy and is undesirable because of the fact that I have increased saliva which is not as big as a problem with a pipe smoking although it still occurs not to be gross but I can just spit it out and go back to the pipe you can't do that with cigars. My question is should I get in meerschaum cigar holder set to reduce the amount of saliva to the cigar or would it even help? I ask this because I enjoy smoking cigars but I don't want to drop a lot of money on holders if I'm not able to enjoy the cigar itself. Any advice is welcomed

I do get acid reflux pretty easy but it isn't from cigars. I don't chew on cigars either so I'm not make a big tobac spit oyster to swallow. Typically all it take for me is to drink a carbonated soda and boom I have acid reflux. Sitting position and tight belt will do it too but I have not gotten it from cigars in the 20 years I have smoked them.

My acid reflux was initially from drinking soda and a lot of it but every time I smoke a cigar or pipe I have a lot of saliva secretion it the could be for my denture but my throat doctor says smoking causes it to flare up the form of saliva and I was just trying to figure out a way I can smoke a cigar without ruining it