Across the Pond 100 gm. Tin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachimbadeoro

Reaction score
I have an unopened 100 g tin of McClelland Frog Morton Across the Pond. Can you help me figure out how much this is worth? The tin is from 2005.

This is gonna be interesting. 8)

A corollary to the above question would be...where you would sell it to gain the claimed value...here...eBay...elsewhere? Remember...this is a site where selling through the Trading Post is “supposed” to be brother to brother and not gouger to gougee.

That's a proposition that is frought with all kinds of pitfalls. I've seen lots of properly worded auctions shut down as against eBay's no tobacco rule. Yet other auctions are obviously for the tobacco and not the collectable packaging and they skate right through. As to price I would say check pipestuds prices for similar sized offerings from McC and go from there. His prices while high are fair and pretty representative of actual market value. Your mileage may vary of course.

Jim

What huffelpuff said. Another option for you, which would be a lot less work and trouble for you, would be to offer it up for sale right here. And you would get an honest price for it. ;)

I would say it's worth more today than it was a month ago.

But yeah, I would peek at Pipestud's site and see if he has something similar.

Another rec for pipestud's site for pricing. I'd avoid the bay for the reasons stated above. And remember that pipestud will sell it on consignment if you choose to go that route. He generally sells everything there pretty fast.

Cheers,

RR