Actors?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
"Acting is defined as the action of pretending to be someone or something else."

"Never reward someone who pretends to be someone else."

Back in the early days of film the actors were considered low-lifes. I didn't watch the Academy Awards show this year and I rarely ever do. I have no idea of the winners of ANY Oscars. The Chris Rock/Will Smith interaction is all I've seen or heard of it. That interaction reminded me of what I'm mentioning here.

I've heard at least a couple of British actors comment on American actors appearing to believe they are really the characters they have recently portrayed while being interviewed on talk shows. The Brits think it quite humorous.

Why do we give so much attention to actors (pretenders)? Should we give them so much attention?

I suspect that "low lifes" had something to do with it being a Jewish dominated situation. As was banking. As was gemology. Don't let them own land. Don't consider them...anything. Don't allow Jewish people to do a lot of things. Allow them to do certain, useless things. I'm not Jewish, nor am I a historian buff. I could have this all wrong, too. I find the history of Jewish expertise and success to be interesting. I'm assuming it also had to do with many other things as well, but.

I'm tired of hearing about Rock/Smith. On national, major network newscasts, they gave more time to it than Ukraine for a few days. Really? That makes the top 5 most important things happening in the world...and to warrant 5 minutes out of 20 minutes of a broadcast? Even on PBS Newshour, they had two professors talk about it for 10 minutes last night. It happened last Sunday, and they still used 10 minutes on Thursday to talk about it. A gross sense of priorities. But then again, how much sports talk do we have?

I don’t think the news bites shown on the air are selected according to what’s most important…more what’s the hot topic. And I’ll chalk up the Smith/Rock thing as not only the most outrageous event of the week but it ties in to racial prejudice, etc., etc. Can’t imagine why Smith hasn’t been charged with assault. Sure should have been. I guess Rock dissuaded the LA police from making the arrest on the spot.